300 AAC

Thread: 300 AAC

300 AAC

I know a few of you expressed interest in this chambering. For those who didn't know Noveske has begun production on uppers and barrels. According to the website, 2-3 weeks is the current turn around. Just thought I'd pass this along.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...nce=45&status=

See you on the bounce

Re: 300 AAC

Thanks for the heads up. I am waiting to see how the manufacturers support it before I drop cash in it.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

DSM

I saw AAC has barrels for Rem 700's too.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

This is an interesting cartridge but i have trouble seeing a huge benefit over 7.62x39, is it using a 5.56 case?

if it's using 5.56 cases it could be interesting.
    On my Jesus rifle Trijicon scope, John 12:46 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
    *update* the latest ACOG's we received have the damn biblical passage removed.
    I say Trijicon kicks ass and should continue the practice of placing biblical passages on all scopes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by o313 View Post
    ...is it using a 5.56 case?
    5.56 magazine bolt, carrier and cartridge, I believe.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

with the 300BLK you only need to change out the barrel. Every other single part of, Bolt, BCG, magazines, etc are identical to every other 556 AR.

Only you get the nock down power of a x39, in a 556 package.

I am going to buy a 300BLK barrel from Noveske for about $450.
    "If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch, as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned." - U.S. Supreme Court Justice George Southerland, 1934

WWW.GLOCKFAN.US - Glock Pistol Forum

WWW.ACRFORUM.COM - Remington Bushmaster ACR Rifle Forum

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I am waiting to see how the manufacturers support it before I drop cash in it.
    Agreed. I don't have much time for handloading these days. I'll need a reliable source of factory ammo and a favorable evaluation from a knowledgeable, unbiased third party before I get all gooey about this one.
    See you on the bounce

Quote Originally Posted by meckr View Post
    with the 300BLK you only need to change out the barrel. Every other single part of, Bolt, BCG, magazines, etc are identical to every other 556 AR.

Only you get the nock down power of a x39, in a 556 package.

I am going to buy a 300BLK barrel from Noveske for about 0.
    What about buffer, gas system, spring etc...

I know that a 300 whisper sounds like an AK-47 even using sub-sonic ammo if you use a standard buffer and spring.
    On my Jesus rifle Trijicon scope, John 12:46 "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."
    *update* the latest ACOG's we received have the damn biblical passage removed.
    I say Trijicon kicks ass and should continue the practice of placing biblical passages on all scopes!!!

I think it is interesting for its subsonic capabilities. I shot my buddy's 300 whisper, which is the same thing. The brass is cut down .223 brass, so you'll always be able to make it cheap, worst case scenario.

As far as advantages vs. x39, the two that immediately stick out to me are bullet selection, and it will run well out of an AR platform. I doubt it can reach x39 performance on the top end due to the smaller case volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Soap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    Agreed. I don't have much time for handloading these days. I'll need a reliable source of factory ammo and a favorable evaluation from a knowledgeable, unbiased third party before I get all gooey about this one.
    I know that Remington is behind this to the tune of something like 4 million rounds being made. I think you will start seeing more companies getting behind it as well. I am not saying that you will be able to get the ammo at Walmart but you never know.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Sponsors