Word of Caution: Broke My Bbl Bolt This Evening. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Word of Caution: Broke My Bbl Bolt This Evening.

Re: Word of Caution: Broke My Bbl Bolt This Evening.

Quote Originally Posted by LoadedDrum View Post
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled my barrell many times without problems.

Are you completely removing the bolt from the upper or just backing it out enough to remove the barrel?

I do the latter and never the former.
    Just enough to get the bbl off. However, that shouldn't matter since if you can remove the bbl there is no load on the bolt anyway.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    I torque the piss out of mine, never had the bolt or barrel come loose on me.
    I guess I'm just more manly than you Chris. I knew all that masturbation would pay off eventually. I'm FINALLY more manly than someone.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Wow, Sean. That sucks. This isn't meant to sound dickish, but companies should hire you to test their products. You seem to have the worst of luck and get hit with anything that can go wrong. I feel for you.

Bravo, if you have any more extra barrel screws, I might be interested in one.
    The above text may or may not represent the views of the XCR Forum, LurpyGeek, or various personalities contained therein. May not be reproduced without the express written consent of Major League Baseball. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a doctor before reading. May cause drowsiness, itching, apathy and vomiting. Do not resume sexual activity while operating heavy machinery. Thank you and good day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

DSM

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I guess I'm just more manly than you Chris. I knew all that masturbation would pay off eventually. I'm FINALLY more manly than someone.

Sean
    Nah, the bolt was probably improperly heat treated. You're still a girly man.

http://www.futek.com/boltcalc.aspx

Here's a calculator for torque specs. It doesn't compensate for there being a helicoil though so I don't know if that would change specs?
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by LurpyGeek View Post
    Wow, Sean. That sucks. This isn't meant to sound dickish, but companies should hire you to test their products. You seem to have the worst of luck and get hit with anything that can go wrong. I feel for you.

Bravo, if you have any more extra barrel screws, I might be interested in one.
    Ya, I'm a shit magnet. No doubt about that.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by m118sb View Post

Sean
    Nah, the bolt was probably improperly heat treated. You're still a girly man.

http://www.futek.com/boltcalc.aspx

Here's a calculator for torque specs. It doesn't compensate for there being a helicoil though so I don't know if that would change specs?
    Dang it.....I'm still a bitch. Oh well, at least I know all about Coach purses.

Sean

DSM

Oh well, at least I know all about Coach purses.
    I almost tripped on one walking up the damn stairs tonight. Don't get me started...
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

To get the screw out, you might need a left-handed drill. The bit itself is rather expensive (compared to normal bits). And, you could damage your rifle if you're not careful.

Edit: Not sure if you were asking on how to get it out or not.
    “If a tyrant is one man and his subjects are many, why do they consent to their own enslavement?"

Etienne de La Boetie (1530-1563)

I broke off the head of my bbl bolt on the 10.5" today upon reassembly.
    Hercules, hercules... Dang Sean, showing it some love brother?

Sounds like we need to get you some of these http://ironmind-store.com/Bag-of-Nai...ductinfo/1236/

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

I have set screws in both my XCR's and have never had a barrel bolt come loose.I have taken them off many times to clean the barrel.The barrel bolt set screw I use is approximately 9/16's long and the Allen wrench it uses is 5/32 and it has never shown the first sign of stripping.I got mine from Bravo as well.Sean the set screws you need are pointed and when you get them all you need to do is touch them to a file or grinding wheel for just a second.You just really need to remove the point is all.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsors