Caution Aimpoints Are Sharp

Thread: Caution Aimpoints Are Sharp

Caution Aimpoints Are Sharp

So I just bought my first XCR-L off of TomAiello and I was patiently waiting for it to show up. I had already purchased an Aimpoint Micro and wanted to remove the stock base so that I could put on a LaRue tall mount. The factory mount was such a tight fit that no matter how hard I pulled it would not budge at all. Finally, I mounted it to a shotgun I have and used the palm of my hand to hit it to break it free. And free it came as well as taking a chunk out of my hand. The ER Trauma doctor said the reason why it bled so much is because I nicked a capillary vessel. 9 stitches later I am back in business.

Re: Caution Aimpoints Are Sharp

Wow! Looks like a Great White attack!
    hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and make hay while the sun shines!

Awesome, Gun scars are always the best scars. Followed by those from wild animals.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

When I was young, I tucked a rifle stock UNDER my arm, because I couldn't reach. I stuck my eye up to the scope and pulled the trigger before my dad could stop me! For years I looked like a boxer, with this HUGE crescent scar in my eyebrow.
    hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and make hay while the sun shines!

Ha ha ha. Before anybody else beats me to it.... Moosedaddy put a half moon in his forehead last year shooting his 408. Didn't lock the collapsing stock in before he pulled the trigger... Still funny! I have never needed stitches, but I did run into a barb wire fence in the dark once. I hate Tetanus shots...

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphinshooter View Post
    Ha ha ha. Before anybody else beats me to it.... Moosedaddy put a half moon in his forehead last year shooting his 408. Didn't lock the collapsing stock in before he pulled the trigger... Still funny! I have never needed stitches, but I did run into a barb wire fence in the dark once. I hate Tetanus shots...
    Just had to go there, didn't you.... I hate you... ha ha ha ha. See you tomorrow loser!
    Little boys do what they want. Real men do what they're supposed to...

My brother has a cresent over his right eye. He was about 12 when our old man let him shoot his Model 70 in .308. I put five rounds through that rifle when I was in college and never shot it again - the bruise in my shoulder was still there a week later. Funny thing, a high school buddy had a Model 70 in 30-06 and it had no ill recoil to it at all.

As for me, I had about half the nail cut off my left index finger when an M1A bolt dropped on it during cleaning (I accidentally bumped the stock). Luckily, it hit far enough toward the tip that it didn't get the bone. I don't have M1 Thumb, but this is a close second.

Oderint dum Metuant
    They may hate, so long as they fear.

I tried to shoot a scoped rifle left handed once.......missed the target.......hit my head......+1 on the crescent shaped scar.

Quote Originally Posted by celiajean View Post
    Wow! Looks like a Great White attack!
    You should paint sharks teeth on your Micro like a mini P51 Mustang.

Sponsors