THE 300 Blk XCR - Page 13
Like Tree207Likes
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 300 Blk XCR

I plan on doing a 16" barrel on a mini upper(will have micro length gas system). Lines up just like devil docs just on a shorter upper.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleNurple View Post
    I have tested everything from 9" up to 18.6" with 300 gas length and micro gas length. There are a lot of configurations so be very clear when you order.
    Just to make sure I'm on the right boat, would you mind reassuring me that this would work?
    I'm thinking full length upper, 9.3 inch barrel with a Yankee Hill can adapter on it.

That would get the can as close as possible to the upper, without having problems with the can adapter, right?

If I read everything right, I'd need the barrel, gas block, gas tube, and operating rod, to build it on a full length upper, eh?
    Merlin likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Bravo,

That's what I've been lead to believe. The conversion will come with the complete barrel, op rod and gas tube. I think that's the setup that Devildoc is running.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Here is how a 9.3" lines out on a standard upper:
    THE 300 Blk XCR-20141022_131931.jpg

I am not familiar with the YHM Mount or suppressor. I am trying to find one here in the shop. I just googled it and I am pretty sure that it will work. Ill let you know if i found out otherwise.

I'll strip one off of a muzzle this evening and check it out - thanks!

And thanks to you too Nate! I'm guessing you got the PMs?
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

yeah just make sure you specify what upper length you have and what barrel length you want. I have tested everything from 9" up to 18.6" with 300 gas length and micro gas length. There are a lot of configurations so be very clear when you order.
    Thanks! I plan to use a Spikes Tactical LSMB-1 suppressor mount, which requires that 2" of barrel extend beyond the receiver. Would a mini upper with a 9.3" barrel work? Also, what's the difference between a 300 gas length and a micro? (It would save me a few bucks to use the gas tube and op-rod from my micro.)
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I've got a 9.3 that's not spoken for yet.
    Thanks -- I just pm'd, but it looks like Bravo beat me to the punch.
    “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” -- James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by wombat338 View Post
    Thanks! I plan to use a Spikes Tactical LSMB-1 suppressor mount, which requires that 2" of barrel extend beyond the receiver. Would a mini upper with a 9.3" barrel work? Also, what's the difference between a 300 gas length and a micro? (It would save me a few bucks to use the gas tube and op-rod from my micro.)
    Yeah 9.3" barrel on the mini should give you 2" of clearance. PM me so i remember to check this tomorrow.

Yeah 9.3" barrel on the mini should give you 2" of clearance. PM me so i remember to check this tomorrow.
    Done -- thanks again! BTW, any pics you can post of the gas block and differences between the 300 and micro would be greatly appreciated!

There is this ---l l--- much difference between 300-standard and micro.

Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Sponsors