THE 300 Blk XCR - Page 9
Like Tree207Likes
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: THE 300 Blk XCR

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Holly emailed me. They're taking orders. If you want something, let me know today. don't have exact pricing but expect it to be below retail to some degree.
    Sean K. and cjt50 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Holly emailed me. They're taking orders. If you want something, let me know today. don't have exact pricing but expect it to be below retail to some degree.
    Great news!! You should sell a ton! Hopefully they can ship in a timely manner to you, Nate.
    cjt50 likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

So juiced
    Using Tapatalk

Can someone show us what the short barrel looks like on a mini?

Been swapping emails with Holly. My order went in on Friday.

There's still some confusion as to what the 300blk conversion entails and what the cost will be.

Initially it appeared that the 300 conversion was going to be sold like the rest for the same price. Now it sounds like the conversion is going to be just the barrel with oprod and gas tube. Not sure on pricing.

Purple, any clarification on whether there's a 300 specific op rod and gas tube? Are they just the normal "micro" lengths?

I'm wanting my order to cover conversions with op rods, gas tubes and bolts for those that are interested. If you don't want/need some parts that's not a problem but I wanted to make sure everyone was going to have what they needed.

Holly mentioned there's currently no converision for "micro" or "mini". Not really sure if you need/want a shorter barrel than 9.3. Either way, it sounded like Alex was working on something.

Will update.

Somewhere in one of the 300 blk threads, Purple mentioned the gas port is .3" different to get the gas dial to be accessible through one of the holes in the handgaurd.

It sounds like maybe they changed the gas port so the op-rod lengths could be the same????

Conjecture on my part, where's Purple?

yes, i can do some pics for that ... but keep in mind if you are putting 300AAC on a micro, we would use the micro length gas system so it would line up just the same as any other micro... the 300AAC standard gas system is .3ish longer than the regular micro... we had to pick the gas off really early to have enough pressure to cycle EVERYTHING reliably. We tried regular L-standard length blackout barrels... the pressure is just too low to cycle whisper ammo or light hand loads but, the micro length gas system will work with any barrel length(only on the 300). We just added a tiny bit to the micro system to get the gas adjustment dial to line up properly through the vent holes of the upper.
    Last edited by WatchoutforStobor; 10-20-2014 at 06:20 PM.

So same tube and rod or not? Sounds close but is that enough that you need a different length piston head?

I thought purple had said they tested with the old carrier and bolt with no issues

New barrel gas block tube and op rod seems to cover it all
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tommyid1 View Post
    New barrel gas block tube and op rod seems to cover it all
    You'd think.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Sponsors