I created another XCR convert today.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I created another XCR convert today.

I created another XCR convert today.

I have a friend that was interested in getting a piston based 5.56 carbine. For some reason he was eager to get an LWRC...Then I introduced him to the XCR.

His first reaction "Wow, the XCR feels built so much better"

Then I showed him the differences between the bolt design, ergonomics, the folding stock, and QD barrels and that was it, he was sold. He put a deposit down right there. Once he had my XCR and an M6A1 side by side it was a no brainer. o313 is a witness to these events

I dont expect anything in return for my efforts...just an M96 ;D

"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

Re: I created another XCR convert today.

yeah, I have noticed that seeing is believing for most people. When you sit them down and show them the XCR next to an AR the choice is pretty obvious.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

I think I might have also converted one on saturday, I went to a shoot that was organized on THR.us and I took my XCR and after I fired it some and then let some of the others fire it there was one person that asked me a lot of questions about after telling him about the XCR I broke it down and showed him how easy it was to field strip he was impressed with that, but he really loved the design of the bolt and the adjustable gas system. He said he was going to have to think long and hard about getting the XCR.
    Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 0000033457
    VB what is you take on the two rifles as I see you have a Lwrc upper on one of your lowers and see you get on the Lwrc forum a lot.
    LWRC is a great AR15. I love mine. The build quality is outstanding, it's accurate, and so far it's been tough as hell. It's been dumped in mud and snow and still works great. Terra can speak to the accuracy. She made a standing unsupported shot at 91 yards and killed a coffee cup on the first shot

However...as good as the LWRC is, and it is very good to the point that I wont be bothering with Colt's going forward, it is still just an AR15, with many of the drawbacks of the AR15 design.

The XCR is so much more than any AR15. If I had to have one, I would have an XCR before an LWRC, but that doesnt mean the LWRC is chopped liver either
    "Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)
    www.acrforum.com

What's wrong with chopped liver? :

Quote Originally Posted by eyeson247 View Post
    What's wrong with chopped liver? :
    Its liver and its chopped ;D....
    'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 0000033457
    VB what is you take on the two rifles as I see you have a Lwrc upper on one of your lowers and see you get on the Lwrc forum a lot.
    LWRC is a great AR15. I love mine. The build quality is outstanding, it's accurate, and so far it's been tough as hell. It's been dumped in mud and snow and still works great. Terra can speak to the accuracy. She made a standing unsupported shot at 91 yards and killed a coffee cup on the first shot

However...as good as the LWRC is, and it is very good to the point that I wont be bothering with Colt's going forward, it is still just an AR15, with many of the drawbacks of the AR15 design.

The XCR is so much more than any AR15. If I had to have one, I would have an XCR before an LWRC, but that doesnt mean the LWRC is chopped liver either
    VB,

I have to agree with you about the difference between the AR platform and the XCR. The next time we go shoot I will have my Daewoo and that will be other comparision I would like to see.

I have been talking up the XCR to anyone that will listen, but since I am in an office with a bunch of H&K fanboys, and they are all wet over the civie 416.... Worse then a bunch of coeds on spring break... ;D I fear its a loosing battle.

'Courage is not the absences of fear, its the taking of action in the presences of fear."

Shoot.....this is really a cool thread. I have two LWRCs that are absolutely my favorite rifles. If the XCR is that much better.....I cannot wait. Only a few more months before my XCR arrives!

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I almost bought a Daewoo,I've always liked them.The only thing that held me back is lack of spare parts kit's.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

I LOVE MY DAEWOO 8)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors