1) The ejectors do NOT regularly fall out. It WAS a small problem for a while, because we did not realize 242 loctite would not hold up as well. Once our customers conveyed their issues to us, we immediately switched to 277. It has been MONTHS since someone contacted me with an ejector problem.
2) XCR bolts do NOT break. Hell, I had a guy's rifle slam-fire due to upgrades not being taken care of (and yes, the prior owner WAS notified... in fact, I have FIVE signed receipts for notice letters in my desk). It was a pretty bad one - but thanks to the design of the rifle, it was contained. I got the rifle into the shop, and the bolt had flown back so hard it SPLIT THE CARRIER INTO THREE PIECES. THE BOLT ITSELF, ALONG WITH THE FIRING PIN AND EXTRACTOR, WAS NOT IN ANY WAY DAMAGED.
3) The rifles do not usually punch primers. There was a bad batch of bolts that went out - and rarely now a bolt doesn't get chamfered quite enough - and it has been taken care of.
4) We do not ignore or deny service to VEPR and M96 owners. I take care of every person who calls, emails, writes, or visits in person. I can't always provide extra parts - but I'll make damn sure their repair needs are met.
5) The XCR is not a "combat proven rifle", no. But there are many of us out there whose rifles have proven to be more than awesome. Customers past 15,000 rounds without issue - I know at least 5 on a first name basis.
6) I keep every repair letter that ever comes in. Usually I remember every repair I've done, as long as you prompt me a little - and NOT ONE ISSUE was the fault of the platform. Not one. Yes, we're a small company - and unfortunately when an employee cuts a corner it affects us - but we do make it right.
In the two years I have been at RA, we have refunded TWO people for their rifles and had them returned. One was buyer's remorse, and the other didn't want to have to send his barrel in for a repair. Even though we offered to cover shipping.
so, #@~!^%$#[email protected]#[email protected]~!##[email protected]%#%&%^ if you're a myth spreader, @#[email protected] stop it or I'll force you to eat a 2 week old ham sammich that's been sat on by Rosie O'Donnel and then stuffed in Rachel Maddow's armpit for two hours. Seriously.
Resident Forum Slut
That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.
Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
I've said it before I'll say it again TERRA YOU KICK ASS!!!!
I ask you gentleman how many times do you find a company employee that stands by their work and product with such emotional conviction.Pardon me but I say FUCK the haters,let them have their crappy rifles,it's their loss if they're too indignant and hardheaded to even conceive the notion the XCR is a good platform,then let them have go without,it's just more for us!!
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill
Stay off ARFCOM. If you defecated in a ditch and then swam in it, you'd be better off than spending 5 minutes on ARFCOM.
"Amateurs talk about tactics, but professionals study logistics." - Gen. Robert Barrow, USMC (1980)