Xcr upgrade questions
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xcr upgrade questions

Xcr upgrade questions

I have a really old xcr. Probably a 2007 but definitely pre 2008. Is it possible to get all the new upgrades that they offer now, like the keymod upper that new bolt and new piston system or would it be so expensive I should just get a whole new xcr? Thanks for any help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by xentrik1 View Post
    I have a really old xcr. Probably a 2007 but definitely pre 2008. Is it possible to get all the new upgrades that they offer now, like the keymod upper that new bolt and new piston system or would it be so expensive I should just get a whole new xcr? Thanks for any help in advance
    Yes...but it will likely be expensive as the KM uppers are around $400+ new.

Probably cheaper to buy a new one than try to upgrade EVERYTHING on an old one.
    RobertSlaughter likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Like Sean said, probably easier to buy a new one. There's nothing wrong with the old ones. The new trigger would be a nice touch but the uppers aren't cheap. Getting into the new bcg would require the lower to get sent into RA for the mod and the me components.
    RobertSlaughter likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

So would it be worth sending it in to get the new bcg and trigger? Would I be able to upgrade to a newer piston system and are the newer barrels compatible? I'd like to get a light one.
    Thank you for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by xentrik1 View Post
    So would it be worth sending it in to get the new bcg and trigger? Would I be able to upgrade to a newer piston system and are the newer barrels compatible? I'd like to get a light one.
    Thank you for all the help.

Yes, you can send it in and have it machined....but again, it's not worth the cost. If you want all the new features, you're better off buying a new one or a used one that's the latest iteration....though from what I'm seeing, you can probably get a brand new one for what a used one in the latest configuration would run.

The new triggers are like $125 and drop right into your older XCR...you can get one from navalbeaver or direct through RA.

The new BCG IMO, isn't worth it. I actually prefer the Type 1 arrangement with the buffer mounted to the lower rather than the carrier.

Yes, the newer bbl is compatible with your older XCR...plug and play...or you can have the current one turned down to light profile by someone like ADCO Firearms for pretty cheap.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Ok Sean thank you. Is the newer piston system plug and play? Does Adco still do that? I thought I read somewhere they didn't do that anymore? Thanks again for all the help.

ADCO still does xcr barrels. Most of the updates are plug and play but the bcg, mag release and bho would need some work on the lower. They made updated bhos and mag releases for the original style lowers but I'm not sure if they're still supporting those.

Upper, $440
    Barrel $400
    Bcg update $265
    Trigger $120
    Oprod and gas tubes $90

That's a rough, not complete list.

That's perfect thank you!

ADCO no longer FLUTES bbls. They still will reprofile/contour, dimple, cut/crown/thread etc. for $80-120.

https://adcofirearms.com/products/gu...ng/contouring/

Oh ok I'll check that out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors