Should I swap my Type 1 BCG for a type 2 ?

Thread: Should I swap my Type 1 BCG for a type 2 ?

Should I swap my Type 1 BCG for a type 2 ?

My 1st thread here, hello everyone!!!

I have an old XCR (pre having xcr-l on the side of the lower), in 6.8 spc.

I recently picked up a 556 barrel, with matching gas system length and gas block style to the 6.8 barrel, so it should swap in.

I do not have a bolt for 556, and I contacted RA to see if they could sell me one. They suggested swapping to type 2.

So my question is, should I swap to type 2, and buy the carrier and 2 bolts, 556 and 6.8 or just try to find a type 1 556 bolt?

Is there a market for the type 1 6.8 bolt? Would I be able to sell it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

IMO, no. I prefer the Type 1. And...you'll have to send your lower to RA to have it machined for the type 2....and you also need a Type 2 bolt carrier.

There is a used market for both buying the 5.56 Type 1 bolt and selling your 6.8 SPC Type 1 bolt....but it's your choice if you want to go to the Type 2.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yep, the cost would be quite high to go to type 2, with the carrier and both bolts and the addl machining on the lower.

If I can find a type 1 556 both I think that would be best. Just have not found why the type 2 is an upgrade or the specific benefits...

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

It's slightly lighter and the design is supposed to be safer in terms of slam fires, though with the firing pin spring on the Type 1, I'm not sure how valid that is.

I personally like that the Type 1 has the buffer located separately from the BCG, but that's just a preference.

Contact Nate (navalbeaver on the board) to see if he has any Type 1 bolts he can part with.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors