Xcr-L double feeding
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xcr-L double feeding

Xcr-L double feeding

Traded a rifle for an xcr-L 556 took it to the range today to sight in, rifle double feeds every 4-5 rounds with usgi mags, lancer mags, magpul mags. Ran factory Winchester, Remington and lake city through it all with the exact same results. Extactor is fine, not
    Broken with good tension, ejector is tight and has not moved, tried it on all gas settings same result. This rifle has been updated to all the newest parts, trigger, gas system. Thinking about sending it back to ronbinson, lots of money was spent on this weapon upgrading it. Just looking to see if there’s something I’m missing here first, maybe a Robinson employee can chime in, serial is xl01529

Thank ya!

1529 is pretty low. Did you do the type 2 bcg mod?

When you say double feed, that makes me think mag issue, as in spread feed lips but if it's across multiple mags and manufacturers probably not the case.

Previous round not ejecting all the way? two fresh rounds stuck? Stove pipe? What's ejection like? Lock back on the last round? Have you messed with the gas setting(any change in operation, ejection pattern/ distance)? Which deflector installed?
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 06-09-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    Sean K. likes this.

The only double feed issue I've had was a broken firing pin....might check to make sure you don't have it protruding and not able to retract (that's what mine did when it was broken). That said, even with the broken pin, the gun functioned...I was just having failures to feed in a bolt over base type malfunction.

I think Nate's right though...need a little more info.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Welp, I know the gun was updated, to the extent of the bolt mod I have no idea. So what’s happening is it runs correctly for a few rounds on all gas settings then it seems as if it doesn’t eject the case and tries the feed a new one in at the same time. So I end up with a V shaped stove pipe and a crushed neck on the spent casing. When it runs it ejects far as hell on setting 4 at 1 o’clock. Setting 3 ejects about 6 feet at 3 o’clock, setting 2 ejects 5 feet at 5 o’clock, then it goes into said malfunction. Again 3 diff ammo brands, 3 types of mags all have exact same malfunctions
    Last edited by Hooch; 06-10-2020 at 08:25 AM.

Wondering if it's heat related. Somehow as heat builds up, the ejector isn't kicking out the spent case.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

That ejection sounds right for setting 4. The rest sound a little on the weak side. I've noticed some inconsistent ejection on some of my XCRs where I'm getting strong ejection then I'll get one that kind of dribbles out. It's enough that I notice it but I haven't had it turn into an issue. If the case isn't ejecting, then it's got to be lack of gas, weak extractor or ejector issue. Does the rifle hand cycle OK? Are there any significant wear patterns on the operating group? How new is the rifle? RA recommended the break in period early on.. Is there a good seal on the gas plug? Do the holes in the plug look like they're all different sizes?

I haven’t torn it apart yet it’s an older rifle and well broken in, hand cycles like a sewing machine. As per hear, it actually doubled in the first shot at the range today. Is Robinson good with figuring stuff out or are they like Sig where they don’t do squat and say they fixed your weapon? These have a warranty right lol?

I haven't personally sent anything back with a "not sure" issue. Contact them and they'll most likely get you taken care of. You don't have any other XCRs around for trouble shooting do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I haven’t torn it apart yet it’s an older rifle and well broken in, hand cycles like a sewing machine. As per hear, it actually doubled in the first shot at the range today. Is Robinson good with figuring stuff out or are they like Sig where they don’t do squat and say they fixed your weapon? These have a warranty right lol?
    Not to a second owner to my knowledge....but I have a feeling if you approach the situation right, they will likely take care of you.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Oh wow I did not know that, thought they were a company like smith enterprise that builds all their own stuff and honors it no matter what. And nope this is the only one I have right now, had one a couple years ago with the tube folder on it ran perfect.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors