XCR new configuration, round 2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XCR new configuration, round 2

Re: XCR new configuration, round 2

I wouldn't see why not. You would need the shorter op rod to go with it, but moving the gas block back will shift the weight back which I think would continue to help the balance and the shorter gas rod would save some weight as well and once again from the front of the gun. This would probably handle even better.

I did notice the lack of the weight out front in more recoil and muzzle rise. It wasn't a huge difference, but enough to be noticed.

I guess they already have an op rod available for the 9" barrels.

The XCR just gets better and better!
    A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

I actually did inquire if this could be done several months ago.I discussed it with Tacweapon at about the same time,as I'm sure he could confirm.I'm not trying to lay claim to the original idea,just that my evil brain had already conceived it before now.I didn't press the issue at the time and Alex was too busy to get his ear,so I just kinda figured I would try later.The more I look at it,the more I want one damnit

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm glad you floated this idea a while ago, good thinking!

The more people ask for this configuration, hopefully, the more likely it will become a common reality.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

I think a 14.5 pencil barrel with pinned muzzle attachment with a relocated gas block would be sweet. About the only downside would be cost as in my case I would have had to purchase a barrel and new op rod and or bolt carrier. If you were starting with a new gun, it would not matter.

The original is more akin to a midlength gun and the PDW upper is more akin to a carbine upper. Both have their merits depending on your needs or wants.

Looking at my spare full size upper, I am thinking I need to start working on a 7.62 x 39 upper!!!

The only way this configuration will work for me is. 1) The gas tube must be thicker. 2) A iron sight on the gas block. & 3) Or as a optic only configuration. The sight radius as placed on the rails is to short for my taste.

Otherwise is does have a certain appeal to it. It's starting to grow on me.

My :2cents:

atriot:
    You are either moving forward, or backwards. Their is no neutral in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Martens View Post
    The original is more akin to a midlength gun and the PDW upper is more akin to a carbine upper.* Both have their merits depending on your needs or wants.
    Hopefully Robinson Arms will market this as a carbine.

[quote=Martens;75684]

Now your talking!

Got a chance to take the family out to the range today and ran some drills with the wife. I really like this configuration as we did some team CQB drills and it handled well, very well. At about 10 yards, while moving and coordinating together, all rounds fired rapidly were in a 2-3 inch circle.

My wife shot it stnading at 50 yards and hit every shot she took on a steel silhouette with the scope on 4X. She had no problem keeping it steady. While she still thinks its heavy, she was able to balance it at the shoulder much better than ever before. She actually enjoyed shooting it today and before would only shoot the XCR to make me happy.

She had just gotten done shooting the .22 AR and commented that the XCR really didn't kick any more than the .22 and had less muzzle jump--gotta love the PWS FSC muzzle attachement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martens View Post
    Got a chance to take the family out to the range today and ran some drills with the wife. I really like this configuration as we did some team CQB drills and it handled well, very well. At about 10 yards, while moving and coordinating together, all rounds fired rapidly were in a 2-3 inch circle.

My wife shot it stnading at 50 yards and hit every shot she took on a steel silhouette with the scope on 4X. She had no problem keeping it steady. While she still thinks its heavy, she was able to balance it at the shoulder much better than ever before. She actually enjoyed shooting it today and before would only shoot the XCR to make me happy.

She had just gotten done shooting the .22 AR and commented that the XCR really didn't kick any more than the .22 and had less muzzle jump--gotta love the PWS FSC muzzle attachement!!!
    Get the 9" bbl (after getting a stamp of course)......my wife used to hate the bigger guns on anything but a bench rest....she loves the SBRs. See? I just gave you a reason to tell the wife you "need" another bbl.

Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors