300 AAC Blackout XCR
Like Tree20Likes
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 AAC Blackout XCR

300 AAC Blackout XCR

Is there thoughts or plans for a conversion for this caliber?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

DSM

Re: 300 AAC Blackout XCR

Given the family of companies pushing the 300BLK I would highly doubt such an animal coming direct from RA.

They had some trouble with a 300 Whisper conversion some years back so I don't know if that same experience would translate to the 300BLK. FWIW.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

The main issue when I spoke Alex was gas port location on the barrel (bare in mind this was pre micro and mini) these two addition remedy that issue however, he said he couldn't get it to cycle sub sonics reliably (without a suppressor) go figure. This cartridge is designed to be both super and sub sonic. As to date an my knowledge there are zero piston whisper/300 blk platforms, RA needs to get on board here the XCR can achieve this goal easily with it's adjustable gas block setting. If I had the resources I'd do it in a heart beat. I suppose I start doing my research now.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I spoke specifically with Alex about this a couple weeks ago. I think it makes more sense to do this one as it only changes the barrel. With it not being a wildcat and having factory backed support I think it is a good idea. Alex said he would look into the specs of the cartridge more. I wouldn't expect anything for months, with the .308 and stock being top priority right now.
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

With true 7.62 barrel blanks now it makes even more sense, but that's just me.

Bill Wilson posted this...

Got our first Wilson Combat 300 AAC BLACKOUTs together last Friday thanks to some good imput from rsilvers.

Spent most of Sat and Sun on the range doing load development and accuracy testing. Shot over 700rds thru 4 uppers. Settled on the Barnes 130gr TTSX over 18gr H110, 2.160" OAL as my hunting load which gives me 2050fps MV out of my 11.3" SBR. So far I've taken 1 hog and 4 deer all with excellent down range terminal performance.

Bobcat at 40yds, amazing based on the exit wound we had good bullet expansion.

172# sow taken at 85yds, both with 130gr TTSX at 2050fps MV, one shot DRT with massive spine/lung damage on hog.

It's like shooting a pop gun, minimal report and no recoil...................

We shot several bullets into the hog in the am and recovered some bullets to see what kind of expansion we're getting.

Bullets recovered after passing thru the shoulder area (12" thick) of a 172# hog shot from 75yds. We did not recover the TTSX bullet that killed her last night, it penetrated 19" and exited.

Barnes 130gr TTSX penetrated the hog and approx 8" of water behind it, expansion is .502" at the widest point, 100% weight retention. We shot 3 more from 125yds and penetration was a little more, 1 went thru both the of the first two 5" thick water jugs and into the third, but expansion dropped down slightly to .479", .488" and .490". Load was 18gr H110, 2.160" OAL, MV was 2050fps.

Nosler 125gr Ballistic Hunter penetrated the hog and approx 2" of water, core and jacket were seperated and both combined weighed 108gr, was suprised at the amount of penetration with this fragile bullet. Load was 18gr H110, 2.160" OAL, MV was 2075fps.

Based on what I've seen so far I think the 300 AAC will be adequate for deer and hogs with the 130gr TTSX out to 150yds, which is about as far as I normally shoot anyway. The Nosler Ballistic Hunter should work fine for smaller hogs and deer, but I wouldn't want to stick one in a 200+# tough old boar. The Ballistic Hunter would be one heck of a home defense round................

Pretty good silver boar taken at last possible shooting light tonight from 92yds with 300AAC/130gr TTSX, one shot DRT full penetration. Total kills so far since Sat. 1 bobcat, 8 deer and 3 hogs all clean 1 shot kills. Amazing how well this little cartridge kills with minimal report and no recoil....................

I don't think Robarms would have any trouble getting subs to cycle. They can get a reamer from me or PTG and subsonic ammo next week. Remington subsonic ammo generates more gas pressure than the typical 300 Fireball load.

Anyone know what kind of handguard he's running on that rifle?

It sucks that the 7.62x 39 bore could not be used bc I'd see if they could order me one without the chamber cut.

As for piston guns and this cartridge:

This is an ACR with a 9 inch barrel.

Robarms could make one in a day. Ammo started shipping today.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsors