XCR Forum banner

Anyone with a custom 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 XCR-L barrel?

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Whiskey three six 
#1 ·
I know some custom barrels have been made by others (not Robarms) and was wondering if anyone had bothered to do it with a 1/7 or 1/8 tube and if there was any accuracy improvement with 75 gr. or heavier bullets? (EC, I know your take on the subject, LOL)

#3 ·
I have a custom 1-8" twist barrel that I got second or third hand. Honestly, I haven't tried anything heavier than 62 grains in it. Also haven't noticed it to be more accurate than my old 1-9" twist pencil barrel.

#4 ·
I wasn't aware RA offered a 1/7 option. I bought my XCR as a 7.62 x 39. I would certainly chose that option when I get a 5.56 conversion kit.

#8 ·
I have a heavy 1/7 16" robarm barrel. I bought it to play with heavier ammo, 75-77gr and honestly the accuracy is about the same as what was getting with 55gr in my 18.6" 1/9 barrel. Around 1.5" is the norm with my rifle, 3 shots. I usually get two shots that overlap then the third will open the group up. The best 5 shot group I ever got was 1.25" but I have a hard time duplicating that. The rifle I have is a consistent 1.5" shooter with either barrel.

#10 ·
I bought a Robarm 1/7 heavy that is out getting fluted @ ADCO as I type this. I found that accuracy at 100 yrds was similar to my 1/9 lw. But when you let it stretch its legs a little it starts to show up better. At Lee-Kay at the 300 yard berm I actually shot a 5.25" 5 shot with the 1/7 and that's using a Millet DMS-1 on 4x. I have an Accuracy Speaks AR that easily does half that but ....... That's with a Nikon 6.5x24x50 Using the same 77gr mk262 duplicate load I came up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.