Completing an XCR-L Build...Any Concerns Based on My Serial Number? - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Completing an XCR-L Build...Any Concerns Based on My Serial Number?

Oh, and unless you have a tax stamp for an XCR.....you need to sell (or store it at a friend who doesn't own an XCR's place) that bbl before you attach a stock (technically).

Personally, I think "constructive possession" is complete and utter horseshit, but my fellow American jurists are a bunch of statists that would side with "the law" rather than buck the judge or presume to tell the legislative branch it is NOT the final arbitrator of what's deemed legal or not.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 03-29-2016 at 10:15 AM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I've got black ACR stocks on order from Remington. They were supposed to ship on the 24th, nothing yet though. $145 shipped. Looking at what you've got it looks like all you'll need is a stock. The full railed uppers had all the important updates.

If I were the OP, I'd see if Nate has the Ambi mag release....that's one feature I really like that I see missing from his gun.
    Mechanic and SLCXCR like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Oh, and unless you have a tax stamp for an XCR.....you need to sell (or store it at a friend who doesn't own an XCR's place) that bbl before you attach a stock (technically).

Personally, I think "constructive possession" is complete and utter horseshit, but my fellow American jurists are a bunch of statists that would side with "the law" rather than buck the judge or presume to tell the legislative branch it is NOT the final arbitrator of what's deemed legal or not.
    Tracking on that one...that's actually a reason I never did any customization with this XCR til now, because it'd be too short with a stock attached. It's a ludicrous law, but so it goes...but with that, this shorty barrel I have is available if someone needs one. Is Kermit the best guy to seek out for a new 16" barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I've got black ACR stocks on order from Remington. They were supposed to ship on the 24th, nothing yet though. $145 shipped. Looking at what you've got it looks like all you'll need is a stock. The full railed uppers had all the important updates.
    Good info, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    If I were the OP, I'd see if Nate has the Ambi mag release....that's one feature I really like that I see missing from his gun.
    That would actually be helpful...I'm a lefty shooter. The right side mag release is second nature after years on Army M16/M4's but I like ambi whenever available...love the ambi safety on this XCR.

Light barrel or heavy barrel?
    I'm still trying to worm my way out of debt that has been thrust on me, but if the price is low enough, maybe Mrs. Bravo would consider the fact that my birthday is coming up
    Merlin likes this.
    Do you really think we want laws to be observed? We want them broken. There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be crimes that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants law-abiding citizens? Pass the kind of laws that can’t be observed, enforced, or objectively interpreted - and you create a nation of law-breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    Light barrel or heavy barrel?
    I'm still trying to worm my way out of debt that has been thrust on me, but if the price is low enough, maybe Mrs. Bravo would consider the fact that my birthday is coming up
    Sent ya a PM.

Do I need to check my meds? Isn't that a pistol end cap? Looks like your friend bought it in pistol config to later SBR maybe? Like Sean said, keep that ACR adapter far away until you get a stamp. You're about to have a ton of fun! Great platform and probably the friendliest 'GUN' forum on the web.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by SLCXCR View Post
    Do I need to check my meds? Isn't that a pistol end cap? Looks like your friend bought it in pistol config to later SBR maybe? Like Sean said, keep that ACR adapter far away until you get a stamp. You're about to have a ton of fun! Great platform and probably the friendliest 'GUN' forum on the web.

Paul
    It is capped. I recall my friend talking about it not having a stock so it could be easily dropped in a bugout bag or maneuvered in close quarters, but different minds....it's useless to me without a stock, so I'm going in a more conventional direction. Definitely not removing that cap til the new barrel is mounted!

Great experience on the board so far...really appreciate everyone bearing with my noob questions. This XCR has been sitting idle in the closet for 4-5 years and I'm just now dusting off the case and getting excited about it. I've always wanted an as-good-or-better AR alternative, and this really does seem like the perfect platform for me.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    I've always wanted an as-good-or-better AR alternative, and this really does seem like the perfect platform for me.
    Don't get discouraged if the gun doesn't run 100% in the first 500 or so rounds.

I picked up a used XCR from a guy because he had nothing but problems with it, and I was up to over 2000 rounds using the crapiest cheapest russian steel ammo I had, and it had run with 0% failures without ever been cleaned.
    SLCXCR likes this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

If you run into problems, post here. If forum members can't help, it'll be a first. FYI this isn't an officially sanctioned forum by RA. That being said, you'd be hard pressed to get find better advice on this platform.

PS.
    Keep an eye out for traps laid by Cartmann ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors