Completing an XCR-L Build...Any Concerns Based on My Serial Number?
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completing an XCR-L Build...Any Concerns Based on My Serial Number?

Question Completing an XCR-L Build...Any Concerns Based on My Serial Number?

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and happy to be here! I've lurked the last few days and and the info has been really helpful. Here's my question:

I received an XCR-L as a gift in 2011 or 2012...just the upper/lower with a short barrel, no stock or sights, never fired. I wasn't able to build it out til now for several reasons, but the time is finally right - I just want to be sure this is the right platform before I invest in a collapsible stock, longer barrel (16"), and sights/optic, etc. My goal is an accurate and reliable AR alternative with performance similar to or better than the issue M4 I carried in the Army.

My lower's SN is in the 059xx range...I believe it was earlier production runs that experienced the early XCR growing pains and understand that mine should be relatively free of those? Any thoughts or things I should look out for? If I'm best off starting with a newer XCR run, that'd be good to know.

Last question...it seems like the ACR stock is really popular in the XCR community. I've seen that the EZED adapter was really popular at one point, but are they still readily available? I noticed on Calguns that Lucky Irishman Firearms is also doing a new run of their own adapters soon. Thanks for any tips!
    Last edited by Sammich; 03-28-2016 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Wrong barrel length, oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums and happy to be here! I've lurked the last few days and and the info has been really helpful. Here's my question:

I received an XCR-L as a gift in 2011 or 2012...just the upper/lower with a short barrel, no stock or sights, never fired. I wasn't able to build it out til now for several reasons, but the time is finally right - I just want to be sure this is the right platform before I invest in a collapsible stock, longer barrel (18.5), and sights/optic, etc. My goal is an accurate and reliable AR alternative with performance similar to or better than the issue M4 I carried in the Army.

My lower's SN is in the 059xx range...I believe it was earlier production runs that experienced the early XCR growing pains and understand that mine should be relatively free of those? Any thoughts or things I should look out for? If I'm best off starting with a newer XCR run, that'd be good to know.

Last question...it seems like the ACR stock is really popular in the XCR community. I've seen that the EZED adapter was really popular at one point, but are they still readily available? I noticed on Calguns that Lucky Irishman Firearms is also doing a new run of their own adapters soon. Thanks for any tips!
    Most of the problems seem to have been sorted by the time RA got into the 4K range for the Ls.

The EZED adapter is no longer available and the run from Lee Majors just dried up. You'll either have to buy one that someone is willing to part with for big $$$ or wait until there's enough interest for Lee to do another run.

First I've heard of Lucky Irishman doing a run for ACR adapters.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sig
    I had a couple in the mid 4000 range, and the only thing that wasn't updated on them was the bolt catch (no biggie IMO). They ran absolutely fine (bought them both used) with no issues.

Hopefully someone here will post the thread Nate had put up on some of the changes (I would of thought someone would of made it a sticky by now).

I do like the EZED / ACR combo, but I also like the fixed M4 stock just as much on the XCR, if not better on the XCR myself. Heck, seems the first FAST stock I got was a trial run as the last one I picked up seems a lot better as is now (very little play).

By the way, welcome
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Lucky Irishman is LeeMajors on Facebook.

How did someone give you a short barreled rifle? Maybe it's a pistol since you mentioned no stock?

Paul
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Seeing how he's looking for an 18.6"....maybe he considers the 16 inch "short".

Thanks for the info on Lee....didn't know his other user name.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I've got significant stock on used parts. Can get you new parts of you don't mind waiting some. Above SN5000 had most of the updates. I wouldn't worry about getting the latest version unless you must have NEW. The older models are still plenty capable.

The thread on the parts is stickied in the "in the field" section for the XCR-L

Hey everyone, thank you for all the helpful feedback! Here is a pic of what I have to start with...this is the XCR as I received it, short barrel and all. Not the actual pistol configuration...I'm still a little baffled as to what my friend originally had in mind when he gave it to me.

Coincidentally, I got in touch with Lee Majors tonight and bought his last stock adapter...lucky me.

Next step is the ACR stock, which I understand I can order directly from Bushmaster, unless there is a more affordable route. Any tips for iron sights? Right now I'm looking at Troy BUIS.

Thanks again for the replies!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Completing an XCR-L Build...Any Concerns Based on My Serial Number?-image.jpeg  

Hot diggity, that friend is a keeper!
    hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and make hay while the sun shines!

One more thing...scratch that bit about the 18.5" barrel. 16" is the ticket for me...I wanted to step up from my old M4's 14.5" barrel and I think that decimal messed me up. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammich View Post
    Hey everyone, thank you for all the helpful feedback! Here is a pic of what I have to start with...this is the XCR as I received it, short barrel and all. Not the actual pistol configuration...I'm still a little baffled as to what my friend originally had in mind when he gave it to me.

Coincidentally, I got in touch with Lee Majors tonight and bought his last stock adapter...lucky me.

Next step is the ACR stock, which I understand I can order directly from Bushmaster, unless there is a more affordable route. Any tips for iron sights? Right now I'm looking at Troy BUIS.

Thanks again for the replies!

Sorry for steering you wrong on Lee....thought he posted that the last ones were spoken for.

Avoid Troy if you can....https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/28-pol...s-brewing.html

Diamond Head makes nicer sights and has them in micro height if you need it. The Samson's are a good bet too...but if you need micros, I don't believe Samson Mfg has that option.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 03-29-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors