My XCR went home and has come back - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My XCR went home and has come back

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    What Sean said.

ETA. On a long barrel, unsuppressed, I don't think the $150 is worth any perceived performance increase to go to a type 3. It's a better system but I don't think you're going to realize it until you start suppressing and/ or going with the gas block inside the upper.
    I'd agree with all that.....

On an SBR...maybe...b/c it fits tighter and has more adjustability. Suppressed would likely be of benefit to have Type 3 for similar reasons.

Otherwise, Type 1 works just fine.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

After just going to the range and now cleaning. I miss how easy it is to clean the type 1 and 2 compared to the new 3. Unless I’m missing something the 3 isn’t as easy to clean unless you remove the barrel.

And, I’ve now noticed my original XCR-L‘S barrel seems to be coming loose while firing. I think I’ve worn out some threads from removing the barrel too many times. So, I’m trying not to remove the barrel unless I really need to.

Unless you use corrosive ammo, I don't think there is a need to religiously clean the XCR. There are people in this group who hardly ever clean their guns, and the guns still run.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Unless you use corrosive ammo, I don't think there is a need to religiously clean the XCR. There are people in this group who hardly ever clean their guns, and the guns still run.
    Guilty as charged...I never clean mine....at most the bcg gets a wipe down and I might oil or grease it.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

At one time I decided to see how long it would take for my xcr to slow down or malfunction by not cleaning it. After 1800 plus rounds I just had to clean it it hadn't slowed down nomalfunctions no adjustment to the gas, and when I cleaned it I was surprised that it was nowhere near as dirty as I thought it would be. This is another reason I believe this is one of the absolute best rifles on the market
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors