compensator or brake on 11.5" pistol? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: compensator or brake on 11.5" pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by GlowingGoy View Post
    nevermind, it looks like the fortis shield is an addon to their brake, so its a two piece brake/blast forwarder, really annoying how the name sometimes doesn't reflect the use.

still looking for a comp. funny how when you look up "308 comp" or "glock comp" you get real compensator results.
    I guess I don't know what you're looking for then. All of the options I gave you are comps. Fortis, w/o the control shield is a comp and a brake. As I said, most do both....and it all depends on how the particular design vents/redirects the gasses.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

i guess the warcomp is the best choice even though its like 50% flash hider 50% comp

Just suppress it and be done.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

getting the nero556
    Last edited by GlowingGoy; 07-28-2020 at 08:27 PM.

getting the nero556
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

yeah I'm not worried about it overcompensating since it appears to really only do that to ar-15s which tend to have less muzzle rise then xcr's due to their DI system

yeah I'm not worried about it overcompensating since it appears to really only do that to ar-15s which tend to have less muzzle rise then xcr's due to their DI system
    Are you sure you've got your gas set correctly?

When mine are set to the ammo I'm using, the muzzle flip is pretty low for 3 round, quick strings and mag dumps....though I'm also running brakes/comps on anything shorter than 16" bbls (8.3-12" in various calibers including a .308).

right now ive got it set to 2, and itll actually cycle on 1, but i just keep it on 2
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors