XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like I've been doing a lot of waiting for some guns recently. The 7.62 kit took a while, the POF .308 took a while, and Monday I received my Lage slow fire upper for my M-11. It only took nearly a year and a half. I took it out and shot it yesterday at my conservation club (full auto is against their rules, but I couldn't resist), and wow this thing is amazing. It transformed the M11 into something smooth and wonderful. Rich Lage does some quality work, this thing is very well built. If you're thinking full auto, an M11 and a Lage upper is the most affordable way to go. And after shooting and handling it, it is a quality way to go. :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
NICE... VERY NICE...

OK, so what does a setup like that actually translate to in $$$ ?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Nice. Reminds me of the H&K MP7. Was that the intention of the mod?

·
Registered
923 Posts
looks nice

I'll add it to the I wish I was 21 list :duh:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NICE... VERY NICE...

OK, so what does a setup like that actually translate to in $$$ ?
Well you can still find M11's for around ,400 and up. I've seen unfired one's go for under ,000. The upper is 9 and goes up from there. There are many options and accessories. I actually got a flat top upper and he makes only a handful of these. I think that's why my wait was so long. I've asked him to make me a lefty but his bolt supplier hasn't been putting any of the lefties out. It may be another year before I see one of those, if ever. So for around ,000 you have a sub-gun match winning gun. It's not an MP-5 of course but it's not ,000 or more either.

Nice. Reminds me of the H&K MP7. Was that the intention of the mod?
The intention was to build a gun for sub-gun matches that would compete and win but still be very affordable and upgradable. The slow fire upper (650 rnds/min) was made so you could fire the gun full auto while being slow enough to control and allow the shooter to count the number of rounds being fired, something that can't be done with other sub-machineguns. Other options are the UZI, and MP5. Apparently these uppers are winning lots of matches. They're very difficult to get.

I shot this thing and could not believe how the gun didn't move. Super smooth and easy. The gun as you see it in the pic weighs over 7 lbs. With an eotech it came in @ 8.8 lbs. I ordered the 650 rpm bolt and got an extra 750 rpm (tactical) bolt for it as well.

Go here and check out the website. Go under the video link and look for max-11 slow fire upper. There are lots of videos on the site.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
wow... another one! you are my idol.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wow... another one! you are my idol.
Well I appreciate that Cartmann but the fun is over. It sounds like I've been on some mad spending spree (which I have) but I've really been trying to finalize my collection before mommy (my wife) puts the kabash on it. I told her I wanted to finalize some things before the election and I've done just that. So now I have no more excuses. Some stuff just took more time than I thought it would. I have one more pistol to buy and after that I'll be waiting to see if the ACR or SCAR makes it out. They're attractive due to their lefty friendliness. But now I'm just going to attend classes, and shoot, and hope that every once in a while the boss will let me at least window shop. At least I think that's what I'll do. :-\

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Man thats a lot of money. Sounds like fun though.

I used to think I would *never* drop that much on one gun, but now that I add it up, I'm over 3k into the XCR, and haven't even bought a caliber conversion yet. :eek: So who knows.

One of the guys that works at my local shop bought some sort of NIB UZI last year (I'm not a subgun expert). I think he dropped about 7k on it. Nice thing about class 3 from my perspective anyway is that barring future legislation it will only grow in value.

Prizim does have some sweet looking setups indeed.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree it's a lot of money but I believe you said it... I too have guns that I've put 3k into. I never thought that would be the case. So with that being the case, and the fact that it's class 3, and considering how much machine guns can cost, I don't think it's as bad as it could be. And like you eluded too, barring any crazy legislation, the value should only increase, I hope.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That is very cool. How does he slow down the cyclic rate to something you can actually use? I thought the control problem came from it firing from open bolt, having alot of mass moving in a relatively light weight gun. That shoulder stock really helps too. It would be more cool if it folded to the left side. Love that top rail idea, but where's the charging knob?

I've always liked the Ingram/MACs. simplicity in itself. Back in the 80's, I owned four Cobray M11-9 semi and had every accessory, but they were only $100 at that time. A full-auto ran about $800.
The 1986 NFA really screwed up owning legally registered full auto guns. Now the prices are insane! But that's why the Government did it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it slows down the cyclic rate by the mass of the bolt. This thing is really heavy. It like a brick. There are several options for the stock including left or right folding. But the folding added to the length of pull and I didn't like that. You can even do thumb mag release button. There are many options. And the charging handle is on the left side.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
So how much of the gun, as we see it, is the M11 that you bought? Did you have to send him the whole thing and he modified it? Or is it an upper that you buy?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So how much of the gun, as we see it, is the M11 that you bought? Did you have to send him the whole thing and he modified it? Or is it an upper that you buy?
These pics show the progression of it. I started out with a whole m-11 which is what you see in the middle of the pic. You take off the upper via removing a large pin and then Rich Lage sends you a new upper. Slap it together and you have the new and improved SMG you see on the bottom of the pic. I don't know how much a standard one weighs, not more than a couple pounds but with the new upper it's around 7 pounds without optics. You can also buy new grips, mag release, different stocks, barrels and on an on, which is what I did. I have a three lug adapter on the way so I can attach my suppressor to it.

Here's a pic of the other side and the charging handle.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
that's awesome man. those lage uppers make the mac's about a million times more practical...

what else do you see in subgun matches besides these and uzis/mp5's?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that's awesome man. those lage uppers make the mac's about a million times more practical...

what else do you see in subgun matches besides these and uzis/mp5's?
To me honest I haven't shot a subgun match. It's through the competitors that I found this info out. From what I know the Uzi is a good one due to being more affordable than the mp5. And many use the HK. Now many m11's are used since this upper became available. The demand is high for them.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That's very cool.

I know I've seen one of those in a movie. I remember that it looked like a MAC, but was a little longer with those cooling holes and that side charging handle. It'll take me a tick to remember the movie's name.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I really need to stop looking at anything you post that is "New". you give my ideas that my better half just isn't ready to hear.

Back when I was in flight school the local "gun shop" (more like a pawn shop) had 2 M11's New in the box for $1100 each. This was back in 2001. i am kicking myself for not getting them. i bought 2 cans from him and said to myself, why would I ever need a select fire?? :duh:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really need to stop looking at anything you post that is "New". you give my ideas that my better half just isn't ready to hear.

Back when I was in flight school the local "gun shop" (more like a pawn shop) had 2 M11's New in the box for 00 each. This was back in 2001. i am kicking myself for not getting them. i bought 2 cans from him and said to myself, why would I ever need a select fire?? :duh:
If I had a dollar for every time I said words similar to those. I remember the Street Sweeper shotguns. I had an FFL back in '90, could have gotten those for $250 each... and I thought, "what a piece of crap". Hind sight...

Thing is that computer and machining tech has made things possible that weren't so who knew the possibilities and potential of a crappy ole M11?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts