XCR Forum banner

Witch do you prefer an auto or pump

12 GAUGE

7K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  RedFalconBill 
#1 ·
I prefer the auto. (1) Benelli M1 (2)Beretta 1200P (3) Remington 870 pump

#29 ·
That Saiga looked nice. What is the going rate for one in 12 or 20 gauge ? Are the mags still that expensive ?

By the way I would have to say a pump. There is just something about the sound of bumping it that instills fear in people.

#30 ·
The Saiga 12's are going for around $500-$600 stock now, when you can find one. The drum mags are high, but you can still use the stock 5 round mags, or the AGP 10-round mags. They cost around $45 each.

The scariest thing for the BG about my pump is, he will never hear it being racked. I keep the first round of 00 Buck jacked in and ready. >:D

#32 ·
I have a Rem 1187 Police (auto) and Rem 870 Police and a Rem 870 Express (both pimps). The express is my home-defense, car, camping wepon. Others usually stay in the safe.

Check out Firequest.com, they have some "interesting" 12ga ammo. Their 'flame thrower' round makes a biggg flash & boom, but it doesn't go out as far as they claim. Maybe 20-30 ft

#35 ·
I voted for Pump because I have seen what passes for 'maintenance' among some of my friends.

I have two Winchester 1300's. Smooth and fast. The only downside to the 1300 is that you might need to work on the extractor because it does not like the rims on some rounds.

If you have a 500/590 or an 870, they are good too!

As for semi-auto shotty's

Hunting: Benelli's
Mil: Saiga 12

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.