85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ammo 2 go...IN STOCK

.223 Centurion Military Contract 55gr. FMJ Ammo 1000rds. $349

900rds - 5.56 Federal / LC XM193A 55gr. FMJ Ammo on Strippers $449

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just a thought for you guys who don't yet load your own. Because I can get (seemingly) limitless free 5.56 brass at my range, I can load 1000 rounds for less than $150. Even if I had to buy used brass, my cost would only be about $170. I also shoot about 25K of handgun ammo annually, at an average cost of about $120 per 1K, and that includes a lot of 10mm, 41mag and 44mag which are horribly expensive in the stores. If you're gonna shoot serious quantities, you need to reload. Plus, it's fun.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I barely have time to shoot much less reload. I do keep my brass though. No sense in just giving it to reloaders. ;D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Anyone know where to get Lake City SS-109 M/855 ammo? It's hard to come by lately.
Ammoman HAD it for $475 per 1000 - but that was sold out last week... (2000 rounds for $900 delivered)

You can get on their mailing list, but as I learned - you gotta get online with an hour of receiving their message.

Lex had a link in here somewhere that showed all the bargains. Anyone remember which thread that was?

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
+1 for reloading.

55gr plinking ammo will be more accurate than milsurp and it is only 14 cents a round shipped to your door.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Just a thought for you guys who don't yet load your own. Because I can get (seemingly) limitless free 5.56 brass at my range, I can load 1000 rounds for less than 0. Even if I had to buy used brass, my cost would only be about 0. I also shoot about 25K of handgun ammo annually, at an average cost of about 0 per 1K, and that includes a lot of 10mm, 41mag and 44mag which are horribly expensive in the stores. If you're gonna shoot serious quantities, you need to reload. Plus, it's fun.
Sorry guys, this is way off track from the original subject...

Charliea, what kind of 41 Mag do you have? I recently picked up a nice Ruger Blackhawk .41 in a trade and am setting it up with a Millet mount and scope. I figure it should be good out to 100 yards. I also picked up 500 rounds of 210 gr JHP (Mountaineer brand) ammo for $140 delivered. It was a steal compared to anything else I've found.

Before all this, I went to Wal-Mart and asked the guy behind the counter if he had any .41 Magnum ammo - he had no idea what that was and when I pressed him some more, he got all self righteous and said that was a 'wildcat' load. I tried to explain to him that .41 is not a 'wildcat' caliber, and that Ruger still makes/sells pistols in this caliber today.

We just kinda looked at each other for a few more seconds, so I just shook my head and walked away...

Like a fool I then went to Cabela's and paid $42 for a box of (50) Remington before I found the other deal online. :mad: Now I can't find that dang URL so I can order some more!!! :duh:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
For handgun / pistol ammo, its hard to beat the local Wal-Mart, and the one I've been going to just started carrying JHP's and premium ammo...

100 rounds Winchester White Box .45 for $29.88

100 rounds WWB .40SW for $26.88

100 rounds WWB 9MM for $19.88

Now on the other hand, they jut started carrying WWB .357SIG and I paid $28+ for a box of 50!

Ammoman beats that price by a lot, but I got carried away and bought 5 boxes anyway. :duh:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
If I'm not mistaken these guys are Aguila out of Mexico according to their website. Only shot their rimfire and it went bang every time so shouldn't be too bad I'd reckon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've been using Aguila .45ACP for a few years now, very good stuff. It is made in Mexico and is a Remington subsidiary, I think? ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts