XCR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a 3 point sling that will work for an XCR with a folding stock, and suggestions?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
I think that'll be tough since most 3-points by design will interfere with the charging handle. It'll give me something to search for at work tomorrow...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for looking into it!

·
Registered
923 Posts
I am currently using an eagle industries 3-point sling that works ok ... but I am getting ready to get one of the vickers tactical 2 point because of my sling getting in the way of the charging handle, and I have yet to find a 3 point sling that looks like it wont get in the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was hoping that wouldn't be the case but I just might end up getting a 2 pt

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
One thing to think about: the rear attachment.

The two-point attached to the rear with a hook may get in the way. A two-point attached to the rear of the receiver may prevent a good cheek weld. Just wanted to bring it up.

While I am not a huge fan of a single-point sling, it does fit the XCR well. It avoids the rear attachment issues and also allows folding the stock.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am not a fan of the 3 point. It used to be all the rage but now as 2 points are getting better I would go with one of those. I am using the Vickers but I really liked the look of the new Magpul that came out at SHOT.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
3 pointers are really nice as long as you don't have a left side charging handle. Stick with a two pointer or go single point.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
3 pointers are really nice as long as you don't have a left side charging handle. Stick with a two pointer or go single point.
Which the New Magpul is, both a single and double. You can't go wrong with a vickers.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I purchased a 3 point for my M1A Bush Rifle and AR15 (attachments are the same) and never use it. I ended up with the Turner synthetic AWS 1907 type sling for the M1A and the standard military cotton sling for the AR15. The 3 point seems to get in the way of the rifle controls and it is bulky. It seems to be great in theory though. I guess if I had to stand guard all day with the rifle at the ready I would use it.

SheepDog :2rifle:

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've tried them all, Single, 2 point and 3 point slings. 2 point works better for me, Single is very good for certain situations. Also, I got about 2 bucks in my 2 point sling. I took the end that clips to the sling mount to a "Tack Shop" (Horse Eq.) had them stitch the clip or snap to the nylon and sew a loop on the other end for the 550 cord. Looks and feels like a 50 dollar sling, but it only cost $2.10.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts