XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just concluded a 3 day SWAT round up and the first day was all shooting. One stage was perimeter rifle and we fired 300 rounds in 2 hours. No hiccups at all and the XCR was great. 40% of the shooting was off hand and the XCR felt as good left handed as right. Very user friendly from both sides.

After lunch I hit the entry gun range and it called for 300 rounds as well. We went through this in about an hour. We were flat running some ammo. The course was designed mostly for MP5's and everything was 2-3 rounds at a time. I went through two mags hammering out three rounds at a time on every "up" command. I was almost as fast as the auto guys and had no problems keeping everything in a softball size group at 7 yards. The XCR flat stays on target if you lock it in. I was also running on 4 gas setting and could have backed down to 3 to tame recoil even more.

All in all no problems no matter how fast we put lead through the gun.

The only three weapons systems I did not see with a jam or malfunction were the MP5, the micro galil, and the XCR. Granted, there was not as many galils and XCR's as the other two makes, but several AR's went down. I don't know the status of the guns or the operators so I can't comment on the cause of the malfunctions. I know several AR's could not be cleared on the firing line and had to be removed to a different area to get cleared and running. I like the AR and have owned several through the years, so I am not trying to start a flame war, just report what I saw.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Good to hear!

Shoot, I ran through ~300 rounds in about 40 minutes as soon as I had sighted the rifle in on its first range trip...
I love when you have a rifle smokin hot, and it just grins and tells you to keep it comin :D

gettin a bit harder to do with ammo costs these days :'(

·
Registered
448 Posts
6 full mags (180) rounds in about 5 minutes. Bear in mind I get free ammo when I do my "range time" at work. I was plinking spray cans at 50 meters. Forearm got a bit warm but bearable.

·
Registered
82 Posts
aw come on ya ain't run it till the barrels smoking yet ? ;D Ive already had to re do the finish on my barrel twice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts