XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd love to see a XCR-L conversion in one of this class, but which one? They all seem to be in about the same class in terms of performance. 450 Bushmaster seems to only have Hornady making ammo for it. Between .458 SOCOM and .50 Beowulf, Beowulf and Bushy seem to be about 40% cheaper to shoot. Alexander Arms Beowulf ammo is really pretty reasonable and their brass should be easy to reload many times. Hornady's 450 Bushy is about the same cost as Beowulf but I don't kow about quality for reloading. Corbon ammo in .458 SOCOM is probably great, but at $2.30 a round it is very expensive.

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Great topic...I think I personally lean towards the 50 beowulf the least. I am really interested in the performance of the 458 SOCOM (plus the name is so Tacticool). The 450 Bushy sounds good too but I can't help but wonder how much of the hype is all generated from Bushmaster? I would like to see it in more peoples hands (or mine) before I formulate an opinion.

My vote for now is the .458 but only because I have very limited experience with it and none with the others.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I picked up a 450 Bushmaster during the tax time deal and Bushmaster just card my card yesterday. I'll let you know how it turns out ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had a 458 SOcom. If you don't reload, its cripplingly expensive to shoot. From what I understand the50 is easier to reload. Both of these calibers are pretty cool. 458 kicked like a 20 gauge shotgun. Nothing terrible.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts