XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I disassembled my XCR for the first time today to get myself as familiar with it as I can before I go to the range. I have a few questions.

The machining of the bolt seems a bit rough. The rough area is about as wide as the indented area around the bolt cam and goes the whole way around the circumference of the bolt. It is especially rough for about an inch along the edges of the slot (for a lack of a better term) that runs most of the length of the bolt. It looks like someone had tried to file down the rough area along the slot but it isn't really pretty or smooth at all. The bolt moves back and forth in the bolt carrier but is not the smoothest. Should I take a file and try to clean up the area along the edges of the slot? Or is this normal and I should just let the break in period smooth it out? What is the slot for?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Are you referring to the slot that the bolt cam rides in,or the long straight slot that runs the length of the bolt? If you mean the cam slot,it is what rotates the bolt in and out of battery as the piston/boltcarrier assembly moves back and forth.As for the long slot,that's relieved so the ejector has a place to "ride" in.
I would shoot it,if there are any burrs left over from machining the parts,they will wear in,unless they are really bad and might cause a weird wear pattern on more wear than one that isn't as rough.How about a pic or two so we can compare.It's hard to judge if your is more than normal if we can't see it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dont_tread_on_me for the quick response. I am talking about the long straight slot. Since it is what the ejector rides in I guess I won't worry about it and take you're advice and see if it wears in. I just bought a new computer that I am trying to figure out but I will see if I can post a picture.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts