XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my XCR, and hate my brothers 556, but if the Sig 556 pistol is really a reality, Robarms, you leave me no option. I will be getting the 556 pistol to hang out with the XCR, that is, unless you can give me an XCR pistol??????????????? How difficult is this to do?

Please?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Some visuals. Not sure how legit they are.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to SIG ARMS, they are 3 weeks out! I'll be stopping at my dealer tomorrow to see if they can get them, and possibly leave a DP for it. I just REALLY REALLY REALLY wish RobArms had something to fulfill this niche market.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Very nice. In an recent article on SIG, it appears that they are considering bringing out the original 55x stock for the 556.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Will you need a Class III for that?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will you need a Class III for that?
It's not an NFA item unless you add a stock to SBR it or put a vertical fore grip on it (AOW), BUT apparently you won't be able to add a stock to this. That's fine with me, I love my AR pistols! I don't need no stinkin stock for a sissy 5.56.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yep. And I just got a 556 folder a couple of weeks ago. I would consider getting the pistol version but I'd prefer to spend the money on an all together different design. One of the AUGs maybe. Still the lure of SBR'ing it is very strong. No provision for a buttstock? Bunk! Look at the prototypes. The end caps are obviously secured to the reciever via a buffer tube type interface a la 556 rifle. Regardless if you have a 556 rifle you would simply swap the lowers. Damn. There I go talking myself into one!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep. And I just got a 556 folder a couple of weeks ago. I would consider getting the pistol version but I'd prefer to spend the money on an all together different design. One of the AUGs maybe. Still the lure of SBR'ing it is very strong. No provision for a buttstock? Bunk! Look at the prototypes. The end caps are obviously secured to the reciever via a buffer tube type interface a la 556 rifle. Regardless if you have a 556 rifle you would simply swap the lowers. Damn. There I go talking myself into one!
You make a good point about the price, but here's to hoping it falls in considerably less than the others. I was hoping for $999 or less. It's nice to dream, right?

Now where's my XCR pistol so that I don't have to buy a gun that I for some reason hate?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I get a kick out of you guys complaining about the price of the Sig SG 55X's. In canada we have to pay the inflated price of 2800-3000 for the rifle. Kind of like gas we are paying nearly 6 bucks a gallon now here too.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I get a kick out of you guys complaining about the price of the Sig SG 55X's. In canada we have to pay the inflated price of 2800-3000 for the rifle. Kind of like gas we are paying nearly 6 bucks a gallon now here too.
Hey Smitty, three grand US for any current Swiss 55x series rifle is a steal by our standards. Hell many of us are contemplating or have spent four thousand plus to convert a 556 to a 55X replica. Now if you are talking about the 556 then yeah three grand would be totally out of line.

You make a good point about the price, but here's to hoping it falls in considerably less than the others. I was hoping for 9 or less. It's nice to dream, right?

Now where's my XCR pistol so that I don't have to buy a gun that I for some reason hate?
Expect the price to be at or greater than that of the standard rifle say 1300-1400. The venders know what we have in mind.......SBR CITY!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yes a 556 is what I am talking about.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I don't know I would have to check.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm a little dumb when it comes to these pistols in 5.56. What is their intended purpose? Now if you can add a stock to it, I'm game, otherwise I just don't get it. ???

When I see those I just see an even better reason for the anti-gunners to come after us once someone sticks two of those in their coat and walks through the local mall mowing people down. I know the Sigs are pretty expensive but I see these AK pistols now... I just cringe when I see them.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a little dumb when it comes to these pistols in 5.56. What is their intended purpose? Now if you can add a stock to it, I'm game, otherwise I just don't get it. ???

When I see those I just see an even better reason for the anti-gunners to come after us once someone sticks two of those in their coat and walks through the local mall mowing people down. I know the Sigs are pretty expensive but I see these AK pistols now... I just cringe when I see them.
I don't know what your purpose is, but my purpose is to have fun with them. I cringe at the idea of giving the government $200 for a stupid stamp, so I won't go the SBR route. None of the guns that I own are FA so I don't necessarily need the stock to keep control over a sissy 9mm or 5.56 round. Accuracy is nearly identical either way. The pistol is smaller and more fun. The fact that you think "anti's" hate them more, makes me like them more.

Like I said, my AR pistols (both the 5.56's and the 9mm) are my most fun guns to shoot

·
Registered
712 Posts
Pistol AR's and like weapons are on the banned List here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland.

I think the Stupud Fucking Liberal Democrates call them "Street Sweepers"

Oh and if I offended anyone..... Go to a save the whales Forum ! ;D

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Pistol AR's and like weapons are on the banned List here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland.

I think the Stupud Fucking Liberal Democrates call them "Street Sweepers"

Oh and if I offended anyone..... Go to a save the whales Forum ! ;D
They haven't seen a street sweeper until they get a look at my 1927A1 Tommy gun (the original sweeper) ;)

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Thompson is not on the banned list but the mag capacity is 20 rounds ...that is unless one drives over to Pennsylvania or Virginia and purchases the evil high capacity round magazines. What a Stupid law.

Friggin Morons

·
Registered
356 Posts
We've got a mag cap of 15 in the PRNJ. Makes it tough finding decent 6.8 and 6.5 mags. No 15 round poly mags that I know of.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts