XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 6.5 barrels were supposed to be delivered just after Christmas. Well, they're just now going out for Chrome lining now. It shouldn't be too much longer.

It's for this reason that we've brought our own barrel production in house.

Sincerely,

Alex J. Robinson
Manager

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Thanks for the update... will there be any differences at all in quality/materials/etc between "old" barrels, and new ones built in house?

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Whose blanks are you using?

·
Registered
161 Posts
ok, i'm confused. are you saying the first barrels being sent out will be lower quality than barrels produced "in house"?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We outsourced the 6.5 barrels from a great source. They were supposed to be finished after Christmas. (Yea Right). They just got to the chrome plater this week. (This is the real reason we're doing our own barrels.) They take about a week and a week to get back. We should be able to ship by then.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Any news on the 6.5? The following post was dated 3/1.

Crashy

We outsourced the 6.5 barrels from a great source. They were supposed to be finished after Christmas. (Yea Right). They just got to the chrome plater this week. (This is the real reason we're doing our own barrels.) They take about a week and a week to get back. We should be able to ship by then.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The Question On Everyone's Mind

I'm going to ask the question that I know is on everyone's minds; it's the first of April, are you going to ship out the 6.5 conversion kits now?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
They've got a little more R&D on the bolts going on. 6.5 is a finicky caliber. The engineers are working full time on it. So far, they are on schedule to ship this month. We shall see. We just want to make sure it's done right. Nobody wants a bad apple. :-X

1 - 20 of 53 Posts