XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have it on authority that both the 6.5 Grendle and the 6.8 SPC Mags will work. I know, that in my AR, the 7.62x39 mags work with my 6.8 SPC upper with no problems.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The C products 6.5/6.8/7.62x39 are the same mags with different color followers. The 6.8SPC PRI mags will buldge as well as the Barette mags when you try to squeeze 6.5 grendel rounds into them.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I have 6 of them, they all feed and function as advertised. Plus the price is right. :2cents: ;D 8)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Let me make sure I understand all this correctly-are the 6.5, 6.8 and 7.62x39 mags are the same, but with different followers? Are the followers physically different, or just different colors? This would greatly simplify logistics-I am anxiously awaiting the 6.5, and I will definitely get a 7.62 for cheap ammo. I have been facing temptation to get a 6.8 in the meantime, and it would make the decision a whole lot easier if the investment in magazines could also be used for the other two as well. Even if the followers needed to be changed, I could have three times as many mags with just a small investment in different followers for each caliber.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I believe the feed lips are also slightly different. Someone who has one of each would need to put them side by side to compare accurately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts