XCR Forum banner

What fires best out of your XCR?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 6.8 should be arriving any day now and I'd like to have some ammo on hand. What is everyone using out there?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
You didn't list the SSA 115 gr OTM which is what I shoot the most. I have tried the SSA 115 match and liked it but thought that it was close to the same as the OTM at a litte better price. I shot the Hornady 110 as well, I think a total of 60 rounds and didn't notice any percievable difference shooting over the Chronograph. I haven't tried any others, I am trying to stay with small primer brass for reloading purposes. I really like the SSA offerings and they seem to be about the same as Hornady as far as velocity and accuracy are concerned. My chaplain shoots the remmy ammo out of an AR and says it runs fine.

If it were me, I would go with SSA. I know for a fact a few different military units have.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops. I left that one off. I added it to the poll. I'm sure I left some others off too but I was looking for a minimum of 110 gr.

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning toward getting a case of some SSA for the break-in period. I have an assortment of ammo on hand to to try after the break-in (including SSA).

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
you know, now that I think of it I dont think I did a "proper" break-in as mine was a conversion and I viewed most of the parts as already being broken in. A few mag dumps and I was good to go ;)

I highly recommend SSA and if you don't reload you may want to get in on jack's group buy for premium ammo. Secondly, you should have no problem getting rid of the brass on here if you don't load it. I am sure between gunner and myself we can find a home for all of it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I highly recommend SSA and if you don't reload you may want to get in on jack's group buy for premium ammo. Secondly, you should have no problem getting rid of the brass on here if you don't load it. I am sure between gunner and myself we can find a home for all of it.
If I had the means to buy 1000+ I would be all over it. At the single case amount (200) the 9 week wait was a little much for me compared to the price savings. I'll probably order what ever is in stock from Midwayusa or direct from SSA and hope the group buy makes it's way around again at some point.

As for re-loading, I never thought about it until the prospect of banned ammo shocked my senses. At the moment I don't have space, time or money for the setup but I'll be squirreling away brass for when I do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts