1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Aziator, Thanks LOADS that is the bullet I shoot!!!! Have a NICE day at the range. Gunner69

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just hurry up and buy them all, I just ordered 1K and feel like I should have ordered more...

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I ordered 4k to go with the 6k I had in already and think I didn't order enough.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered 4k to go with the 6k I had in already and think I didn't order enough.
I hate you, you gave me bullet envy and I just ordered 7K more. The wife wouldn't let me spend more than that, not with a 6.8 conversion next week and still needing to buy brass and the conversion and dies for my Dillon 650. Lucky for me I am off from work for the next month due to injury (but I can sure sit at my reloading bench and crank away).

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
With lead and copper prices going up, it's actually an investment. If you don't use them and have to sell, you certaintly won't loose money and might actually make some so don't worry about it. I can easily shoot 1k per session and over the last two years prices have only gone up. I took a look at some of the .308 tips I got from Midway's offer and apart from about 5% they were all perfect other than very slight blemishes/nicks. Getting 6.8 HPBT for the same price as FMJ is a good deal.

I tend to use FMJ for speed shooting practice and keep the HPBT for accuracy/competition. YOu just have to accept that in practice, groups are going to be a little wider. It does however make shooting much mnore affordable without having to resort to surplus or crappy ammo.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I second that MickeyC, especially since that is the bullet I shoot anyway. While sitting in front of the TV, with popcorn and beverage in hand, I can sort through the chaff grading them. Hell, I too might just buy some more! The first shipment is do in this afternoon. If they look good, it's time to get the plastic out. Thanks again. Gunner69

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got my first order of 1K and the one box I opened looked great. I found ONE bullet that had a darker colored point than the rest of the bullet. I haven't opened any of the other boxes as I am sure they are the same. If I didn't have to pay for a conversion and brass/powder/primers i would get some more for sure.

·
Registered
6,526 Posts
I took some of the .308 tips I bought and shot them back to back with the named brand tips I have here. Then I mixed some and shot again. No difference in groups. It was a very good deal. Mr Potterfield is a scholar and a gentleman.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Last nite I inspected 6.8 Bullets, from 6:08pm to 10:40pm. If they are seconds I can't tell it. Just ordered another 2,000 bullets. This particuler bullet is advertised as Hunting (medium game). Like the man said Potterfield did us good again. Gunner69

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seriously feel like I am getting over or something...

I spoke to one of the guys over at Ko-tonics today and he said they were getting out of the ammo buisness and just doing uppers and parts and such. He has SSA at 16.50 a box right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts