XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else make 6.8 mags other than C-Prod. or PRI? The first 2 C-Prod. ones I bought had Magpul followers in them and they work great. I bought some more of them and they changed the follower to a cheap one that doesn't work very well. PRI mags may be good, but they cost $50 each! I may try one anyway, I guess the XCR should have the best ....... but dam!

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
C Products have went to their own manufacture of followers. If you strip the mag down and lightly polish down the rough edges they should be good to go after that. Never had any issues with mine. Barrett makes 6.8 mags but are stilll in the PRi price range.

All things being equal though, the PRi mags are the standard to meet for 6.8. I use C Products mags for range plinking and the like and have no issues at all. I've also got a mess of PRi. When you compare them side by side you'll know which one you'd trust. If you know some sympathetic dealers or folks with discounts, their price drops it down enough to not be so painful. I usually pick up a mag or two every so often and build up the stockpile from there.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Call Larry at C products, he will take care of you if there are any issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh,
I talked to a guy at C-Prod. and they said they would swap out the mag's, but I'm sure they are all like mine. I would have gladly paid the $1 they saved by switching to their own follower instead of Magpul's. I don't like mag's that can cock & tip, I just don't trust them. (Esp. when I know they can be made to work right.) I think I'll send the C-Prod's back and bite the bullet on the PRI mag's, 2 at a time until I have 6 or so. It's a shame to because the 1st. C-Prod's mag's with Magpul follower's where great.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Call MagPul direct or even PRi. I'm sure you can get the followers if need be. I've seen them out there before. I got a mes of the C Products rebuild kits with their anti-tilt followers, 5.56 though, and they all performed 100%. I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Did the new mags even malfunction?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
So you are saying that the new C-Products mags are not using anti-tilt followers??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
C-Prod. mag's use their own "anti-tilt" follower, but it doesn't work. 3 out of 3 I got will tilt and jam with ease if you try to push them down with a screwdriver or something. The ones I got from them a long time ago with Magpul follower's work flawlessly. You can push the follower's all the way down all you want with no jam's.

I called Magpul to try and buy some follower's, they said they don't sell them anymore, only to PRI and I could get some there. So I called PRI and they said yep, how many do you want? I got a bunch of them, went to put one in and found out..... they don't fit any other mag, only PRI! Something both Magpul & PRI "forgot" to tell me. So... back they go.

It still amazes me that C-Products would have a real good mag useing Magpul follower's, and to save a $1 (or less) they would switch to a cheap one. I would much rather pay them another dollar or two for the one's with Magpul.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Well, I think you might have to concede the follower wasn't designed to be pushed down with a screwdriver. I can get PMags to stick by fingering them the same way. Run some rounds through them first before condemning them to the flames. I checked my C Products 6.8 mags and they don't have Magpul followers. They have never failed in my rifle. Try 'em out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What made me push the followers down to test them to see if they were in fact anti-tilt was, while loading and unloading a mag the follower got stuck and the rnd's above it became loose. Once a mag does this I simply don't trust it ever again. What makes me mad is I know this is needless, because I have two from the same company that work great.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Then use 'em as 'range-only' mags. You should be practicing immediate action drills anyhow! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts