XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6.8 project 12" brl

As some you know I am working several projects, I got to thinking (dangerous) about the next project I wanted to do.... Hmmmm.... I guess that will be a 6.8 conversion kit for my XCR. I have been reading some of the lively debates on the comparisons between 6.8 and 6.5. Plus the announcement of RobArms holding off on the 6.5. Which has made my decision even easier. Now I just have to wait on the announcement of the PDW(if its in 6.8 or something I will go that route instead) ;D. I am thinking to go ahead and pay uncle sugar my $200 and do a 12" brl in 6.8. From everything that I have read the short brl 6.8 is really effective and surpasses the 5.56. I keep my 5.56 rifles in the 16" brl because that particular round was designed to be fired out of longer brls. However, I am on the look out next month for a Kel-Tec PLR-16 (I think those will be fun to shoot) For a SHTF weapon I am thinking XCR 6.8 12" brl. As someone told me this week you can't take your $$$ when your dead. Since I will be working on an NFA for another project might as well do this one too. Any advice, questions, comments are all welcomed.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Re: 6.8 project 12" brl

How about a 12" barrel pdw but cut the upper rail back for weight savings. The gas tube would be sticking out and would look something like the pic below, only much shorter. :) What do you think?

Maddog Dan talked about doing this for a 10" barrel but I don't think he ever got around to it or he would have posted pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

how about a 12" barell pdw but cut the upper rail back for weight savings. The gas tube would be sticking out and would look something like the pic below, only much shorter. :) What do you think?
That can be doable, I remeber that the pic you posted was ne of the test design Alex and compant were working a few years ago. I feel for the money though the extra brl conversion may be it for me... ???

·
Registered
22,393 Posts

I have a 10.5" 6.8 SPC gas piston LWRC. I say do it. It's my favorite gun currently and while the tax stamp is a PITA in terms of interstate travel, it's still fun to own and a blast to shoot (pardon the pun).

I am purposely trying to avoid an SBR in my XCR....for the time being. But eventually, I'd LOVE to own an 11" XCR in 5.56/6.8.

Sean

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

I love my 11" 6.8 XCR. It runs great and shoots great. I can't wait to get back and shoot it. The balance is perfect and the gun handles well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts