XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a difference? If so, what would happen if I ran a 6.8 with a 5.56 ejector? How big is the difference if any? The web site doesn't say anything about having to swap ejectors but with it being held in place with screws I figured there might be a reason.

Anyone made the conversion?

Terra, any inputs?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yes, the internal piece is exactly the same. You do get a new deflector when you get the 6.8 kit. I installed my 6.8 deflector on my gun and it puts the 6.8 brass at the 2 oclock position and the 5.56 brass at the 3-4 oclock position. i don't like swaping between the 2 and I am OK with my 5.56 brass going directle to the side.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good news. Had the ejector shoot loose the other day. It had been ahwile since I checked them so I have to take the blame on this one. :duh: Since it is the same for both calibers I intend to shoot I was thinking of making the attachment semi-permanent with some rivets. Have a bunch left over from a couple AK builds. The jig I use in my shop press would work nicely for this step too.

The intent I'm looking at is never having to worry about that sucker coming loose again. The ejector doesn't take such a massive load that shearing the rivet would be a concern I think. The ejector itself is a pretty straightforward part of the design so unless I honestly tried I don't think the ejector itself would break either. If it did, a drill press, dremel and punch to pop out the old rivet and make the fix. Even with a super loctite it would be in the back of my mind that it could unscrew again, my goal is to simplify it, one less tool to keep in my range bag.

Terra, when you get a free moment, can you run my screwy idea past some folks over your way and get an opinion or two, please? Anyone else with metalworking or engineering experience feel free to chime in too! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts