XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody used these new PRI-Mounts 6.8mm mags? Will they even work in the XCR? If not do you have any recommendations?

I ordered one to test it in a Barrett REC7. Long story short, I canceled the REC7 order and am looking to order a 6.8mm XCR. The problem is my mags can't exceed 15 rounds in my state and this was the only one I could find.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I spoke to Alex at RA and he confirmed the 30 rounders work. I'll test this one when I get my XCR. I also found a guy who will Duracoat them for me.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
XCR-Fin, You can always "block" the mag to be legal in your locality. :2cents:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
XCR-Fin, You can always "block" the mag to be legal in your locality. :2cents:
I thought about that but I'm being super cautious when it comes these ridiculous rules. I'm so paranoid I decided not to order the Magpul PRS stock since the butt-pad is adjustable by 1 inch and my state says no folding or telescoping. You're probably right and I know I'm being overly cautious, but a federal offense has me on edge.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
XCR-Fin, Send me an email if you are going to get rid of it. Include shipping in your price. ;D 8)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Robinson Arms confirmed that it should work (they had experience with the 30 round version). I'm ordering a few more through a guy who will Duracoat it for me. No discount but I'm thinking of going OD Green with my accessories.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Robinson Arms confirmed that it should work (they had experience with the 30 round version). I'm ordering a few more through a guy who will Duracoat it for me. No discount but I'm thinking of going OD Green with my accessories.
The PRI mags are nice...but pricey.

You could ask PK90, from AR15.com, about modifying the 16 round 6.8 SPC CProducts magazines for you.
He has 15 round magazines in stock for .223/5.56 starting at $18.00. He also sells kits to make your own NJ legal magazines at $6.00/each, again for .223/5.56.

ORDERING INFORMATION
Printable PDF Order Form to fax or mail
• Try our new Secure Order and Payment Page
• Email [email protected]
• Voice 1-609-412-3955
• Fax 1-419-715-2548

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

You could ask PK90, from AR15.com, about modifying the 16 round 6.8 SPC CProducts magazines for you.
He has 15 round magazines in stock for .223/5.56 starting at .00. He also sells kits to make your own NJ legal magazines at .00/each, again for .223/5.56.

ORDERING INFORMATION
• Voice 1-609-412-3955
• Fax 1-419-715-2548
Check those out. Very nice. The only reason I went with PRI mags is because I'm paranoid about owning "restricted" mags certainly not because they were cheap. $42 :-[. Any idea if they're making 6.8mm poly mags in 15 round versions?

·
Registered
48 Posts

He has 15 round magazines in stock for .223/5.56 starting at .00. He also sells kits to make your own NJ legal magazines at .00/each, again for .223/5.56.

ORDERING INFORMATION
• Voice 1-609-412-3955
• Fax 1-419-715-2548
Check those out. Very nice. The only reason I went with PRI mags is because I'm paranoid about owning "restricted" mags certainly not because they were cheap. :-[. Any idea if they're making 6.8mm poly mags in 15 round versions?

Nope, not enough material left over to be safe in either 6.5 or 6.8.

Users are left with the SS mags from CProducts, PRI, or for those who are 'allowed', the 30 rounders from Barrett (which ROCK!).

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Users are left with the SS mags from CProducts, PRI, or for those who are 'allowed', the 30 rounders from Barrett (which ROCK!).
I think the other mags are 5, 10 or 20 rounds. As far as I've seen PRI makes the only 6.8mm 15 round mags.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think the other mags are 5, 10 or 20 rounds. As far as I've seen PRI makes the only 6.8mm 15 round mags.
Yup, CProducts are 16 rounders.

Because I have friends in the PRNJ, I have a unmod'ed Saiga in .223/5.56. I cut the 10 round mag followers down 3/8" so I can fit 12 rounds in them. This way I have something to shoot when I cross the Delaware river.

Your questions piqued my interest enough to ask Larry @ CProducts about making 15 round magazines.

I also asked PK90 about making these and he said that there is not enough interest to have either the 6.8 or 6.5 magazines in stock and that their heat treated SS magazine bodies are tough to drill.

Maybe if someone you know in a city/state that allows the 16 round magazines can get one @18.00, plus one of Arms-N-Ammo kits @ $6.00 and make a legal 15 rounder for you.

Maybe for some good deli....... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts