XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got all the necessary parts to my 7.62 conversion, swapped out the barrel and the hammer spring, mounted the new Aimpoint and went out to the range today with 100 rounds of ammo. All I can say is WOW. Only took a couple of minutes to site in the Aimpoint and I was ready to go. Shooting slow fire from the sitting position 3-4" groups at 100 yards were no problem. Taking into account operator error, I reckon that benched and with a scope this would be a sub 2 MOA rifle.

Then switched to rapid fire (well in my case semi-rapid fire), shooting at an 8" steel plate it literally seemed like I couldn't miss.

Finally, even tried a some offhand (which is usually my nemesis) and was still able to hit the plate about 75% of the time.

Although recoil was definitely a little more than when shooting .223 it was still entirely manageable. In fact, I kind of enjoyed the little extra kick I got with this caliber.

And although I was a little nervous about potential mag problems, the rifle ran flawlessly with both Silver Bear and Golden Tiger ammo, even when shooting rapid fire. Needless to say I am super happy. Many thanks to Robinson Arms and Terra for great service and a great product.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. Used C-mag that came from Robinson with rifle. I did load and unload ammo into the mag a few times before using it. Also lubricated with CLP. Finally, used what came to be known as the "ruler trick" among those of us who also own the 6.5 grendel. Not sure it it's still true today, but when the 6.5 grendel first came out there were also problems with sticking c-mags. One of the solutions that seemed to help was to use a ruler to repeatedly depress the follower and smooth out the mag. Not sure if any of this actually made a difference, or I just got lucky. But so far I've put about 100 rounds through this mag without any problems.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've had the 7.62x39 kit since I bought my XCR and have been shooting a 100 rds every two weeks without a malfunction . I also have 16 C-Products mags and still no malfunction . I love this gun and this caliber . Not one problem yet and still cookin. ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts