XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having trouble finding out if i can order a couple extra 30 round mags w/the conversion kit??

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
you can. If you are ordering online, just put your request for extras in the comment box.

We are backordered on the mags, I have no ship dates as of yet.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Trying to dig up any info on the best mags to use with the 7.62x.39 kit. Didn't see any. So reviving this one. What are the best mags to use for the 7.62x.39 kit?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Has anyone with an XCR 7.62X39 either new or conversion, had luck with any magazines that will work PROPERLY with Our XCR's? There seems to be something "special" about the magazines that we are getting from RA....
Thanks for your input.
SINKER

·
Registered
207 Posts
Has anyone with an XCR 7.62X39 either new or conversion, had luck with any magazines that will work PROPERLY with Our XCR's? There seems to be something "special" about the magazines that we are getting from RA....
Thanks for your input.
SINKER
The original C-Product 7.62X39 mags were all problems for me, except the one that came dwith the rifle. After I cleaned & lubed them they have worked without a problem. The 2nd generation mags have a 3 coil longer spring, and have worked from the start. C-Products also sent me, at my request, replacement, longer springs for my original mags. They all work fine now.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks Rich. I appreciate your input. So you feel that one can buy C-Products 7.62X39 magazines anywhere the price is right and have a piece that one can count on?
Thanks, SINKER

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Thanks for your input.
SINKER
The original C-Product 7.62X39 mags were all problems for me, except the one that came dwith the rifle. After I cleaned & lubed them they have worked without a problem. The 2nd generation mags have a 3 coil longer spring, and have worked from the start. C-Products also sent me, at my request, replacement, longer springs for my original mags. They all work fine now.
I just got some mags and would like to find out if I got the longer springs.

What is the length of the longer second generation springs?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Next question is; "How do you know that you are buying a new model with 23 coils vs and older model with only 20 coils?" Thanks, SINKER

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know when the 23 coil springs began shipping out as I ordered mine directly from C-products back in February. And to disassemble these mags, I am assuming you have to prey back the clamps on holding the floor plate? Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone know when the 23 coil springs began shipping out as I ordered mine directly from C-products back in February. And to disassemble these mags, I am assuming you have to prey back the clamps on holding the floor plate? Thanks

Nope. Stick a punch in the hole in the floor plate and lift up a little, and slide the floor plate off.

·
Registered
981 Posts
What ever you do,DONT BEND THOSE EARS(at least thats what I call them). Youll end up breaking off the ears eventually. Do like Rich52 said.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I also appreciate your advice about the punch and moving the plate, rather than bending back the "ears" or "flanges". I have tried this before and it is the dickens to bend them back!
SINKER

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
What ever you do,DONT BEND THOSE EARS
Most definitely do not! The C-products magazines do not seem to have a tight floorplate like U.S.G.I. magazines.If you want them a little snugger,just very lightly bend the floorplate so that when they slide under those tab(ears),they put more pressure upwards on them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts