XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will any trigger assembly made for the AR-15 fit into the 7.62? I really don't like my trigger very much. Do I have to send it to Bill Springfield?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
The AR trigger WILL NOT work. Contact Bill and invest the $49.00! View the numerous posts to read Bill's bonifides! :2cents:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm not knocking Bill's work.He did a great job on my ptr-91,but if you have a little mechanical ability read my post on it in the general topics section under diy trigger job
One thing to remember about a DIY trigger job. You will be liable for an AD that injures someone or damages property. Something to think about in this litigious society. :2cents:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Your right, you don't have to say a word. The opposing attorney would get the firearm out of evidence and have it examined. If they were not able to detect the work then they would bring in the manufacturer. If Robinson was not able to detect your work then they would be liable for a defective product. Would a huge John Edwards lawsuit put them out of business like a lot of OB/GYN's?

Gunsmiths that do this kind of work pay insurance to do it. I am not an attorney but I do avoid them like the plague! I read Massad Ayoob's columns regularly and he has covered this many times as he has been an expert witness on these types of things.

If you are totally legit in taking out an evil doer and it is found out you did a trigger job, a liberal DA or counsel representing the scum's grieving family (he never did wrong don't you know?) will come after you hard. I am not trying to be argumentative or contradictory to your comments. It is something I read and took to heart to protect my own family.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I understand the point your trying to make,however unless the end result of your work was defective,I feel you are pretty safe.If the weapon can be proved safe,I don't understand how it could be considered defective.Not everyone has the mechanical knowledge or ability to do that kind of work,therefore they should leave them alone.The bottom line is your conscience and judgement should be your guide.There are always going to be people seeking a handout for something they try to blame on someone else,but I'm not going to let them make my decisions.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Fair enough! :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You can do a pretty good job by simply polishing the contact surfaces. It won't be as good as Bills work but it will definitely improve the function of the trigger components, especially as they come out of the factory with a coating on and no clean contact machining. You can do the setscrew piece yourself also. If you aren't happy after that send it to Bill. Bill did some work on an AR trigger for me a while back. It was very nice work. Being excessively anal, I further polished the surfaces and as a result have a very nice trigger action.

If you use good gun handling then you'll know if you fucked up within a few hundred rounds at the range and good handling will mean that you aren't going to shoot anyone by accident. Making a trigger better isn't rocket science. Making it perfect is but you can always do a little yourself and plain polishing isn't going to make it any less safe than stock. Only changing the angles will do that.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I agree with most of that.I guess I'm not as picky on mine as you are,but how you want your trigger to feel is a very user subjective deal.What feels great to one,others may hate.Kinda reminds me of the old saying "one mans fun is another's hell".
I picked up a friends Weatherby mkV (I've seen it many times but it's an instant hard-on every time)the other day,and I tried the trigger on it,and it was sooo damn light you could barely touch it.That,I feel could be dangerous.It's a bench gun at best,as I would never take anything like that in the woods.In winter when you don't have as much feeling the gun would go off before you knew what the hell happened.Oh well at least in is isn't chambered in a shoulder dislocating caliber.(257 Weatherby)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
If you want a good trigger in an AR , try www.americantrigger.com. I wish Alex had put Ar triggers in the XCR but he didn't and that's it.

I have a light single stage trigger on my bolt guns, but nothing below 1lb 8oz. My .338 Lapua shoots 300 grain bullets at a shade under 2800 fps. That rifle has a 2lb single stage zero creep trigger. My semiauto rifles run between 3lbs and 5lbs. Personally I want a consistant trigger with little or no creep or over travel. Weight doesn't bother me too much. I've shot competitions with 8-11lb triggers and done OK. The feel and consistency is what lets you shoot accurately. For race guns light weight and short reset matter but these guns aren't for self defence, they are for strictly controlled environments.

If you want yours to be smooth, just polish the surfaces. If you want to change the way it feels and functions, then unless you really know what you are doing or are prepared to replace over filed parts, send it to Bill. He is the best value out there and I haven't seen a bad report about his work.

I am waiting to see what Alex produces with the long awaited match trigger set. Then see what Bill can do with it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm not knocking Bill's work.He did a great job on my ptr-91,but if you have a little mechanical ability read my post on it in the general topics section under diy trigger job
One thing to remember about a DIY trigger job. You will be liable for an AD that injures someone or damages property. Something to think about in this litigious society. :2cents:
Maybe not pointing it an unsafe direction is a good start too.
I would use some common sense here ~ filing it down to get a 2 lb trigger is one thing but a trigger job BSpring or some careful self inflicted triggerwork to reduce the awful pull of the XCR is another.
Sometimes we run scared too much from the lawyers. .02 + .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts