XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Maybe I missed one, but have to agree with Capt92, I have only seen .308 SA battlepacks. SPAM cans are about the only equivalent to that. :2cents:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I still have two cases of the South African 7.62x39 . And its battle packs . I can't remember how long ago I got them . I found them under some 308 cases . I liked the battle packs but I haven't seen em for sale for quite awhile .
We carried these packs in Afrika in the 80's and when we used the indiginous weapons. Morroco and Tunisia security forces and two ranger battalions . Anybody remember the conflict in the western sahara .First thing to do in the desert , get rid of the m16 .
I 've been saving em for my new XCR 7.62x39 :rapidfire:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I still have two cases of the South African 7.62x39 . And its battle packs . I can't remember how long ago I got them . I found them under some 308 cases . I liked the battle packs but I haven't seen em for sale for quite awhile .
We carried these packs in Afrika in the 80's and when we used the indiginous weapons. Morroco and Tunisia security forces and two ranger battalions . Anybody remember the conflict in the western sahara .First thing to do in the desert , get rid of the m16 .
I 've been saving em for my new XCR 7.62x39 :rapidfire:
You know, I learn something every day! Didn't know such a thing existed; SA 7.62x39!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not only is it great ammo , the battle packs come in a wooden crate , with 5 packs of 200 rounds . the 200 rds is in a heavy plastic bag with handles on it .Great for cache .
only problem , I haven't seen em for sale in years . Just wish I had bought more when they were available

I just wanted to let you guys know I love this forum and all the info on the XCR you share here . I know from experience that you guys have saved me alot of time and money getting set up on my XCR . And thanks to you dealers out there too. Great help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Sorry to say no . I'm waiting for my 7.62x39 XCR . I don't remember 1400rd crates . Anyway I'm stuck in the Philippines till Aug . so I can't go look in my ammo stash .When I get back to the real world I'll get to play with my favorite toys again . I'm gettin short here . ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts