XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased my XCR in 7.62X39 a week ago, been out shooting with it twice.
First time i ran about 60rds of Steel through it, Failure to Eject 100% of the time, on gas setting 4.
I went online and read through some threads regarding this issue, suggesting a "break in" period of several hundred rounds with brass ammo, and also running it "wet" on the highest gas setting.
So after cleaning it and oiling it (generously) I went out and fired 200rds of Brass through it on gas setting 4, again Failure to Eject 100% of the time.

Any advice?

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
Likely improper gas port sizes or a tight chamber. Are you getting failure to extract from the chamber at all (as in stuck cases in the chamber) or simply failure to eject where the spent case gets stuck in the ejection port after extraction from the chamber?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too sure, Im fairly new to the gun community and don't quite understand all the language. What i can explain is that nothing has jammed on me, but i simply need to cycle the action myself. Every time i fire a round, i have to pull back the charging handle to eject the casing and release it to chamber another round.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Not too sure, Im fairly new to the gun community and don't quite understand all the language. What i can explain is that nothing has jammed on me, but i simply need to cycle the action myself. Every time i fire a round, i have to pull back the charging handle to eject the casing and release it to chamber another round.
gas port to small or gas block misaligned?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
what do you have the gas dial set on? have you tried other settings?

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
Maybe the dial is mis-marked??

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what do you have the gas dial set on? have you tried other settings?
It is set on 4, and i have ran 10rds on the other settings as well with the same problem.

The "4" on the dial is in about the one o'clock position if you're looking at the front of the rifle

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My 7.62 dial is mis-marked. If yours is stamped the same way as mine, 4 being at 1 o'clock is actually the suppressed setting (smallest hole).

Take the dial off and look where the dial is when the largest hole is on the bottom (facing the barrel). For mine, it is 180 degrees from the removal position. I shoot steel all day using the middle sized hole (setting 2), which lines up "S" with the detent.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Just make sure you know where the removal setting is, and don't fire it with the gas dial in that position or you'll be throwing two projectiles down range.

Haven't done it myself, but seen enough posts about it here to make it worth mentioning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 7.62 dial is mis-marked. If yours is stamped the same way as mine, 4 being at 1 o'clock is actually the suppressed setting (smallest hole).

Take the dial off and look where the dial is when the largest hole is on the bottom (facing the barrel). For mine, it is 180 degrees from the removal position. I shoot steel all day using the middle sized hole (setting 2), which lines up "S" with the detent.
Thanks For the help! I checked my gas port and it was aligned on the suppressed setting. Removed the dial, and aligned it properly. Can't wait to go try it out.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Was your rifle new manufacture, or did you buy it used?

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
I see the quality at RA hasn't improved..... :(

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You're up in Canada -- I hear the distributor up there (Wolverine) is really good about service. Perhaps they can get you a replacement -- maybe they'll even let you keep your mis-marked one so you can shoot the rifle until the replacement arrives.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Call wolverine supply speak to guy pounder he will take care of you

·
Registered
22,177 Posts
Jesus....someone named their kid "Guy Pounder"? LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE:
I went out yesterday and fired another 120rds through it with the gas port aligned on the largest hole. First two shots were beautiful, threw the brass ~20ft, but then i started to get failures to eject again. Last 100rds 100% of the time.
You guys were suggesting contacting "Wolverine Supplies"?

·
Registered
693 Posts
UPDATE:
I went out yesterday and fired another 120rds through it with the gas port aligned on the largest hole. First two shots were beautiful, threw the brass ~20ft, but then i started to get failures to eject again. Last 100rds 100% of the time.
You guys were suggesting contacting "Wolverine Supplies"?
you bet ask for guy they hook u up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts