XCR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
148 Posts
I assume you have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm curious what your thoughts are on the 9.5". I remember a fellow a few months ago, who said he broke some recoil parts in a 9.5 by over gassing it shooting suppressed. Curious if you have any issues?

· Registered
23,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I assume you have not had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm curious what your thoughts are on the 9.5". I remember a fellow a few months ago, who said he broke some recoil parts in a 9.5 by over gassing it shooting suppressed. Curious if you have any issues?
Yeah, haven't shot it yet. Chris was running a sealed can....RA said you had to run a flow through (which I own) but honestly, this is a toy. I don't really plan to run it suppressed much at all other than to see if it'll work without beating itself to death.

Reactions: Flskunkape

· Registered
17 Posts
I'm actually a big fan of a .308 "pistol". It gives you a bit of an edge with an opponent that chooses to use some types of "cover" that might block a lighter caliber weapon. The block wall which is really prevalent here in the SW where I live comes to mind.

Yes I know, it has a larger muzzle blast, it reduces the velocity of the round, etc., etc. However I have found that both of mine, a Springfield Saint Victor .308 pistol, and my PTR K3P pistol, have a lot less perceived muzzle blast, flash than one would think. If the muzzle blast seems a bit excessive to you, I would recommend a Noveski Fire Pig muzzle device. I had one on a Sig P716 I had, and it worked wonders. The Springfield has a 10.3 inch barrel with a proprietary muzzle diverter, and the PTR sports 12.5 inch barrel. I can easily engage a man-size steel target at 300 meters standing off hand, so accuracy is very acceptable.

I keep toying with the idea of a XCR-M pistol, as they are truly works of art.

· Registered
23,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a custom 12" XCR-M Pistol with the standard length gas and upper which I have a feeling I'll prefer over this little "suchka", but it is a nice size for portability (though I have packed the 12" in a backpack with no issues).

Reactions: Vegasgunhand

· Registered
23,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still haven't shot my 9.5"....might be happening this weekend.

· Registered
23,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So remind me what the final word on using a can was.

Did RA say you could or could not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could. As long as it's a flow through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts