XCR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally arrives. Just picked it up from my shop. It seems to be very well made, good components and sweet trigger. It feels awfully light too. I was beginning to think it would never show. 8)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Aside from the grip, it looks great!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
tingly all over

·
Registered
356 Posts
It looks nice. That grip does look a bit awkward but I bet it keeps your wrist in a more natural position.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That thing is beautiful, I was really thinking about getting one. I look forward to your range report.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
wow! just wow! a piston 308. You have all the good toys!

So how are you liking your SuperSASS? any new updates?

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Unless you already have a scope planned, think about a Valdada 2-12x32 Tactical. I've got one on my FAL and it's great for close in and out far.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Eric, no new updates on the SASS, haven't shot it since my precision class. I'll let you know when I do though.

Texas, it was $2200. I knew it would be a year so I saved but it still hurts.

Mickey, I actually have a Valdada 1.1-4x I have been saving for it. Or there's always the ACOG 6x that you see here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Eric, no new updates on the SASS, haven't shot it since my precision class. I'll let you know when I do though.

Texas, it was 00. I knew it would be a year so I saved but it still hurts.

Mickey, I actually have a Valdada 1.1-4x I have been saving for it. Or there's always the ACOG 6x that you see here.

I've been scouring the world wide inter web for the past few weeks in search of a TA648 mounted. Good stuff Prizm!!! I'm a bit of a glass fiend and have been debating whether or not to put one on my 6.8 XCR. I have a .223 HK SL8-1 with the TA55 which is longer and about as heavy as the TA648. Sure it's overkill but I don't care. I really like the adjustable illumination collar on the TA648. I shot my buddy's TA31 and there was quite a bit of a plume on a sunny day @ 50 yds. Having the ability to turn down the illumination is great plus the fact that it doesn't take batteries.

Have you used that optic on that POF yet?

·
Banned
8,010 Posts

Texas, it was 00. I knew it would be a year so I saved but it still hurts.

Kickass!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you like it but I can't take the credit completely... Fin, I haven't shot it yet but I plan to soon I hope. The scope isn't mine, it's on loan to me for 45 days. If you saw my post with all the crap on that XCR, that's on loan too, or was. I've been shooting some images for some magazines and the companies will loan out goodies for a short time. So that's why I have all that stuff. That ACOG is sooooo sweet. The glass is unreal. I have no idea how much that thing costs. I did place it on the XCR and it looks pretty cool. Big... but cool. I'm just going to put my old Valdada 1.1-4x on there and call it a day.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Glad you like it but I can't take the credit completely... Fin, I haven't shot it yet but I plan to soon I hope. The scope isn't mine, it's on loan to me for 45 days. If you saw my post with all the crap on that XCR, that's on loan too, or was. I've been shooting some images for some magazines and the companies will loan out goodies for a short time. So that's why I have all that stuff. That ACOG is sooooo sweet. The glass is unreal. I have no idea how much that thing costs. I did place it on the XCR and it looks pretty cool. Big... but cool. I'm just going to put my old Valdada 1.1-4x on there and call it a day.
It costs about the same as an XCR. :duh:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It costs about the same as an XCR. :duh:
Ouch! That figures. This hobby is getting to be a bit ridiculous. I don't see one of those in my immediate future. Have you see the one with the rails on top? Man it is tough.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ouch! That figures. This hobby is getting to be a bit ridiculous. I don't see one of those in my immediate future. Have you see the one with the rails on top? Man it is tough.
Not in the wild but that flat-top Picatinny rail is pretty sweet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts