XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason i am writing this was late last night on a Fox affiliate in Tenn. they had an interview with a WW2 veteran who was a Black man.
He had fought with the Big Red One all the way through the War, and was taken captive the last year of the war.
I mean this guy really fought the war and he cant walk today as a result.
He said he didn't understand the Blacks today , he had grown up on a farm his father worked and owned along with his other two brothers.
His father bought that place from sleeping in a cellar and working on the docks saving his money.
They never asked for a handout ,and his father had whites offer to loan him money ,but he never would take it.
In the War him and his other brother went to War ,the youngest stared home to work the farm.
His Bother died at Midway , he never knew until after the war.
During battle he said the whites actually watched out for him because he was only 18 , and one of his friends took a bullet to save him once.
He tore a ligament running once , several white men almost died trying to drag him to safety.
He said ( We were free Americans , no race was ever even mentioned not even from the southern boys . At night or when i had time ,i read the bible and i learned the Constitution word for word.)
And he can still recite it today. when he was captured his fellow Americans did all they could to keep the Nazis from singleing him out.
One White man from Georgia took a beating so bad he lost all of his teeth ,he took his place and took the blame for stealing some food that he the Black soldier had actually stolen.
The white man said he did it because if it would have been him they would have just shot him.

He said : I cont care for this Obama kid , his entire approach to this is wrong ,and not what i had hoped to see one day coming from a proud ,Black American race.
He plays on peoples hate , and like my father would say he is sending the wrong message to our young Black men.
They don't need to be proud of anything in Africa ,they need to be proud that they are Americans and should be setting an example to these young people Balack and White.
Obamas bunch act like those Nazis that held me prisoner for so long , and he has set this country back 70 years in the hate that whites and Blacks have for each other.
I am ashamed to see this in my lifetime , and at night i see the faces of the friends i left behind long ago ,and i feel they died for nothing now except they thought this day would never come, or a Black candidate for President be like this.
I am voting for McCain in the morning , me and another Black Soldier because McCain also is a soldier.
Teaching the young to be lazy or to hate those they do not understand is not what a leader is to me , and Obama is no leader ,i saw leaders die so he may live.
A leader should be telling these young kids to be proud , to not ask for or accept a handout from anyone.
And it is no wonder these young Blacks had no Father or Mother that cared for anything more than hate and a handout and they teach that hate to these kids.
He then said , I hope these kids today never have to fight the kind of men i had to fight when i was 18 , they had no sympathy for you at all.
The more i hear and see Obama he is a lot like them , he will lie about anything he can to fool the Black race .
And instead of teaching them to show pride ,and work hard, he only has put more shackles on them ,and this time it wasn't a white man who did that.
Welfare is not freedom ,it is servitude and Blacks should be angry at Obama for thinking we are no smarter than that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have personally met or seen on tv, many older black gentlemen with remarkably similar points-of-view, and I applaud you and all of them for saying what needs to be said. Unfortunately, as a white male in the current atmosphere, I would be labeled a racist for expressing the very same observations.

Political correctness (lying, imho) is one of the things that I feel is a major problem in this country right now. Censorship of speech in the name of sensitivity is still censorship. I don't believe that a person of any race, creed, or religion should be immidiately judged to be racist (which I think is as derogatory a term as any "racial slur") for simply stating the obvious, just because it may refer to a person from a different ethnic background. It's one thing to call a black man a ****** with the intent to hurt that man's feelings, and an entirely different thing to state that it seems like a disproportionately high number of violent crimes are being committed by young black men. A white person making the latter statement would be cinsidered to have a racist viewpoint in today's politically correct environment. God help you if your observation fits a stereotype. Is it racism to be aware that there are people that are different than you? Maybe someday soon the way things are going.

I think it is important to note that the statements made by that WWII vet apply to an ever increasing young white polulation. It seems that more and more people expect a handout nowadays, and few are prepared to take personal responsibility for their own actions. I believe that this is a combined result of poor/absent parenting and our current welfare state.

What happened to good old American values?

My apologies to anyone who might have been offended by my use of the "n-word". It was used to illustrate a point, not to belittle anyone. Imho, if everyone were to stop saying it altogether, over time we would forget why it is so unpleasant. I think it's important to remember.

So have I made a complete jackass of myself?

·
Registered
119 Posts
American Marine Corps Vet of Mexican descent, and 20 year LEO to boot.

:2cents: Okay here is my two cents worth. Like the great civil rights leader (tongue planted firmly in cheek) Rodney King said, "Can't we all just get along?"

Every time I've had to endure a "Cultural Diversity" class I'm forced to listen to a bunch of flippin ignoramuses. "I'm a pure Creole Black Woman", what the hell does that mean? Someone who is of mixed racial heritage, French, Spanish, African, Native-American, how can that be pure? "Lady, you're a freaking mutt, just like me. My family is predominately Mexican, French, Spanish, Comanche and Irish (gotta love them Catholics, I'm LDS myself), so guess what? I'm a mutt!" My kids are mutts too! Mexican, French, Spanish, Comanche, Cherokee, Scots, Irish and English.

Then we've got the black, lesbian, ordained minister, and the gay guy, and the Iranian guy who blames US Iranian relations on Israel, the Jewish Firefighter (I love that guy, he's a part-time cop too). Then my idiot fellow students begin the discussion by saying how the find the "N" word offensive and that we need to do something about those damn "wet backs." You know, I've been called a lot worse than a "wet back" but why is it okay for these same AA's to insist on saying "wet back" but I can't say...here it goes..."******"? Rather than rehash about how we've all been screwed over during the course of history or the course of our lives, why don't we just sit down, watch "Blazing Saddles" and have a good laugh at our own and others expense. War sang it best, Why can't we be friends.

I love you all, except when you try to take my stuff, the we'll have "issues."

Semper Fi
Cruzzer

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Blazzing saddles, now there is a good flick. I still don't get the whole race thing. I have some Italian in me but I am not an Italian-American. I am a friggin American. I saw a story somewhere online that said most African Americans who referred to themselves as such were far left leaning. On the other hand, conservatives like to refer to themsleves as Blacks and not African americans. Just some interesting food for thought.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I happen to live in Kentucky, so everyone automatically assumes I'm some kind of hayseed, *******, cracker, etc.  Truth be told, I am an Army brat and ex-Army to boot, so I have lived damn-near everywhere long enough to have established residency.  I was born in New Jersey but left there when I was 4.  When people ask me where I'm from, I tell them that I LIVE in Kentucky, but I am not FROM here.  Anyway, to my point...

I have heard the word '******' used in many ways.  I personally don't consider it to mean "black person", "African-American", or whatever the p.c. term-of-the-week is.  I have always maintained that it meant "ignorant motherfucker".  I have met plenty of white *******.  In fact, there are apparently so many of them that they now have their own nickname..."******".  I have met asian *******, hispanic *******, arabic ******* (I'm not talking about mixed race here)....you can see where I'm going with this.

Funny thing is, I frequently use the word as a term of endearment, much the way Sam Jackson does in Pulp Fiction, "...MYYY ******!"  Sometimes I use it in exclamation, for example if my buddy spills my beer I might exclaim, "Dayum, ******!  Watch what the fuck you're doing!"  I have used ***** the similar way, quoting Sam Jackson again, "Shit *****!  That's all you had to say!"

I DO understand that it is offensive to the sensitive person.  That's part of the problem.  If people didn't make such a big deal out of it, it would  would lose it's sting and just be another word.  I have been called a lot of things by lots of mean people trying to hurt my feelings.  Sometimes it worked, but usually, I just added them to the long and ever-growing list of ******* I have met in my life.  What it boils down to imho, is intent.

Can anyone here that saw Clerks II say that the "porch-monkey" scene wasn't some funny shit?  Was it just funny to me because I am white?

Does all of this make me a racist?  I don't THINK I am.  I hate everyone equally. j/k  Like I said in my last thread, I don't think it's racist to reckognize the differences between people, nor is it racist to consider some physical or cultural differences odd, funny, or down right disturbing.  I think that treating someone differently because of those differences (or similarities) is unacceptable, and unfair.  Everyone has been discriminated against at some point and at varying degrees.  Being excluded from a group because you didn't fit in is something we've all experienced.  It's not pleasant.  It's life though and we all know how unfair life is.  I should point out that treating someone BETTER or giving them 'preferential tratment' based on their differences (or similarities) is just as fucked-up as the reverse.  Perference is the same thing as discrimination.  To say you were "discriminated" against is the same as saying you were "distinguished" (look it up).  Most of us would consider being "distinguished" as a compliment.  It's all how you perceive it.  I guess if one were ashamed of the characteristic/s that distinguish them (ie. bed-wetting), it would suck, but if AAs are so proud to be black, why is it such a travesty to reckognise that difference?

An interesting sidenote...I have met many people in Korea who's mothers were Korean, and who's father's were American G.I.s (black AND white), and they identify themselves as "Amer-asians".  Not African-korean, or other nonsense.  Btw, my first wife was Korean, so I guess that makes me a "race-traitor", right? The point is that we are ALL Americans (with the exception of members from other countries, oviously).  What's wrong with just being an American-American?

BTW...you're all my *******.

Added:

One more thing.  I'm proud to be white.  That seems to be very not p.c. nowadays.  SOME people (too many!) would use that statement as evidence that I'm a racist.  That's bullshit.  I'm proud to be tall but I don't look down on short people (figuratively).  I'm proud that I am intelligent, but I don't look down on the learning-impaired, either.  If you are ashamed of who you are, for whatever reason, that's a personal problem.  Don't try to demonize me for your hang-ups.

Also, my ancestors didn't own slaves, and even if they did, I never did.  Article I, Section 9, Paragraph 3 of the US Constitution states, "No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed".  What that means is that the sins of the father or "Corruption of Blood" cannot be held against one's decendents.  I feel that it was a dispicable act, but I bear no responsibility for it, nor do I have any "white-guilt" over it, nor do I think the decendents of slaves having never been slaves themselves, should try to hold me or my generation accountable.  All people should be treated equally.  No worse, and no better.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Man! You cussed a lot and put everyone down. But your point was so well made I was not offended by it.

Well, my Irish side is pissed at you; but, that is why it drinks so much. ;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Now don't get me wrong guys, I don't think anyone should call anyone else racial slurs. But what I am saying is, if you insist on using them against others you've got no right to be offended when they are used against you, no matter your ancestry or the offenders.

Can I have a Koom Bye Yah and a group hug!? :duh: Okay, that's too much ;D

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went back and read my last post and the replies to it and realized two things;

First, I DID curse quite a bit. I will try to keep that to a minimum in the future. I was just pouring it out whille I was writing. I will make more of an effort to keep this forum family friendly wherever possible.

Second, my "rant" came off sounding angry. I want there to be no misunderstanding here...I did NOT post the above statements in anger. My intent was to speak in terms of experience from an analytical perspective and I think it is possible for persons not familiar with my communication "style" to get the wrong impression.

I apologize on both counts, but maintain the point that I was trying to get accross. ;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
93% of black voters went Obama. These guys are few and far between.

The guy is in, now we can only hope for common sense for two years until the next house elections. Hopefyllu the country will wake up by then.

I suspect Barak knows this and will try to use his majority for most of his goals within the next two years.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The guy is in, now we can only hope for common sense for two years until the next house elections.
"Common sense" to the Obama-supporter, as it applies to guns, is to make the AWB permanent. Forget that! I hope that uncommon intilect, truth, and Constitutionally protected (not granted) rights (not priviledges) prevail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts