XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little pin is located at the base of the hammer , i believe it is what prevents the main pin for the hammer and its springs from working out.
Not like the others ,that have the hair pin in them on the right side of the main pin. Little pin is lose and it likes to fall down and contact the lip of the trigger guard ,stopping the hammer from moving forward ,thus a jam. The hole in the hammer where little pin goes is larger than little pin so this can only happen eventually . Gun was NIB 3 months ago ,some dealers still have the older rifles in stock.
Question ,do we replace the little pin and main pin with clip type main pin ? Or put epoxy on the end of little pin so it doesn't fall out ?
Or should this be moved to a differant place in this forum ?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the newer rifles have that feature ,this is in a little hole at the very bottom of the Hammer ,the pin is about one inch long and slides up into the hole ,where it crosses a Grove in the main pin . I will get a pic.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Photo of the little pin on its way downward ,1 causing main pin to fall out ,2 coming in contact with trigger housing tab in the lower trigger housing .If i hadn't caught this while cleaning it would have bent this pin badly ,or the hammer main pin may have come out.

This is the right side of the hammer main pin ,where the cotter pin normally is on most of your rifles ,as you see no cotter pin ,nor any hole and groove cut in it to put one in.

Look at the very bottom of the hammer ,the little extrusion you see is the pin ,it will push back up into the hammer ,but it will slide back out also.
BAD JuJu :mad:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone have any ideas on stopping this retainer from sliding out ? i thought about a roll pin in its place but if you lock it up like that then the entire hammer / spring pin will turn in the trigger housing instead of pivoting on the main pin like it is supposed to.
Like i said a little epoxy on the end would help it . I saw this sticking out about 1/8th of an inch when i got the rifle ,then i thought it was some sort of stop or something. Or some E clips on either end of the main pin so it docent move ,like what you have in a VZ 58.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would also need the newer main hanner pin with the cotter or a new hammer wouldnt have anything there to hold in the main pin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts