XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new PS90 has come home! Bought some rounds and took it shooting at the range in the shop that I bought it in. Ran like a raped ape! Recoil is nil and accuracy is excellent. I need to do a proper sight in, but in the 25 yard range I shot it in it had no problem getting all the rounds in the black shooting fairly quickly. It just feels right. The optic is, frankly, crap. The one I bought has the old style white reticule and it washes out really easily. I do plan on buying the LED illumination module that one company is making until I can get a 1913 rail and Aimpoint T1 optic for it. It will also be getting the side rails and a Surefire X300 light and a sling.

Enough talk, here's the pics with some of the family.

·
Registered
652 Posts
What store did you get it at?

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
652 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
986 Posts
I was down at Doug's a couple days ago and the Asian guy was not all that happy that I was talking about how great the XCR was to another customer. The customer was in the UTARNG and was getting ready to go to the Q course. Your right the "Hater" was really pushing the LWRC. Then I started talk about how great the XCR is. The Hater was not happy... Oooopppsssss.....

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've always wondered, how hard is it to clear a jam on a p90? I've never seen one in person. Sad Face. To fuel your firearms pride I am insanely jealous.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I saw one at Bullet Stop here in Wichita yesterday when I picked up my M&P40c.

Didn't look at it real close since I'm wanting to get an XCR, but I think it was $900. I know it was used, but I can't vouch for how good/bad the condition was.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've always wondered, how hard is it to clear a jam on a p90? I've never seen one in person. Sad Face. To fuel your firearms pride I am insanely jealous.
Seems pretty easy. It's a blowback action and there is plenty of room for the rounds to move about in the action. It ejects down and the extractor is pretty robust. Plenty of room for fingers if needed as well.

I wasn't going to get one initially, but they just kind of grew on me. The rounds are fairly reasonably priced, about what you would pay for high quallity pistol ammo and quite a bit cheaper than 5.56mm right now. I would feel just fine with one in a gun fight in a building or parking lot, but past that I'd want something bigger. My XCR is still my go-to gun.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Forgot to add; that's a pretty sweet gun, Killswitch. :)

I always wondered about the ergonomics on those. Is it comfortable to shoulder, LoP okay, etc?

·
Registered
652 Posts
So we need to organize a group of XCR forum guys to go down and harass Chris at Doug's Shoot 'n' Sports. He will not support the XCR because of no good reason.

I think the forum guys should pose as customers and bug him about the XCR.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

I always wondered about the ergonomics on those. Is it comfortable to shoulder, LoP okay, etc?
It is really compact and short. An AK with an original Rusky stock has NOTHING on the PS90! It does feel good though. And it is L I G H T! Light enough you could fire it as a handgun, no joke. If the LOP is a little too short for you there is an extended length butt pad that adds 2" to the LOP and drops in where the stock butt pad fits, not some slip-on rubber boot. Because it is so compact it points more naturally than any other longarm I have ever used. Mags changes are a little different from other rifles, but simple enough to get used to. Be sure not to pinch yourself doing them though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I talked to Chris tonight and he likes the XCR so we shouldn't call him the hater anymore. Also Doug's has to be the most XCR friendly dealer on the planet right now.

·
Registered
571 Posts

It is really compact and short. An AK with an original Rusky stock has NOTHING on the PS90! It does feel good though. And it is L I G H T! Light enough you could fire it as a handgun, no joke. If the LOP is a little too short for you there is an extended length butt pad that adds 2" to the LOP and drops in where the stock butt pad fits, not some slip-on rubber boot. Because it is so compact it points more naturally than any other longarm I have ever used. Mags changes are a little different from other rifles, but simple enough to get used to. Be sure not to pinch yourself doing them though.
Sounds pretty nice. I did imagine they would be quite light, but I wouldn't have thought it light enough to fire one handed. Just looking at the things I felt like I'd be all hunched over trying to line up the sights, so the 2" butt pad is a plus.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I forgot to add that Doug's just received a healthy chunk of XCR's so anyone that needs one should swing in.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sounds pretty nice. I did imagine they would be quite light, but I wouldn't have thought it light enough to fire one handed. Just looking at the things I felt like I'd be all hunched over trying to line up the sights, so the 2" butt pad is a plus.
The sights are my only gripe. It's not a huge gripe, but a gripe. I do plan on putting a 1913 rail in place of the stock optic and put an Aimpoint or EO Tech sight on it. The higher sight will help me. The stock sight is just about 1 1/2" too low.

·
Registered
652 Posts
The sights are my only gripe. It's not a huge gripe, but a gripe. I do plan on putting a 1913 rail in place of the stock optic and put an Aimpoint or EO Tech sight on it. The higher sight will help me. The stock sight is just about 1 1/2" too low.
I vote aimpoint T1 sight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts