XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22,244 Posts
I thought they closed it b/c it was too costly to run. With the CA budget shortfall.....I wouldn't expect they'd re-open it, even with Federal funding, but who knows?

Sean

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is/was a federal facility. So who cares about the CA budget.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
"Vice President Biden, speaking on CBS' "Face the Nation," said the prison must be closed because the symbolism of Guantanamo around the world has resulted in the growth of terrorist organizations, not their reduction."

Blah, blah, blah...

What proof is there?

Oh wait, Haji says "Let's form another terrorist splinter group because the Americans have a prison for our brothers..."

:asshat:

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Drudgereport.com had a story about two former detainee's of Gitmo ending up in a recent AQ video. Faaaaantastic. Good thing we let em go.

·
Registered
22,244 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have a novel idea how about instead of letting terrorist's run up a bill by eating, having a bed, and having to be guarded, we just put them all 6 feet under. I guarantee you that if those terrorist's had a chance they would kill us all without hesitation, so why am I the taxpayer being made to keep my potential murderer alive ?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Insert Quote
I have a novel idea how about instead of letting terrorist's run up a bill by eating, having a bed, and having to be guarded, we just put them all 6 feet under. I guarantee you that if those terrorist's had a chance they would kill us all without hesitation, so why am I the taxpayer being made to keep my potential murderer alive ?
Better still Tac,why not just throw them in the toughest American prisons.How long do you think these a-holes would last.I'm willing to bet some "good ole' boys" would "take care " of the problem.

·
Registered
22,244 Posts
IMO, we're in this situation (letting them have civilian trials in the American Jokestice System) b/c our leaders didn't have the balls necessary to just hold MILITARY tribunals immediately after all interrogation information was gathered and executing those found guilty.

As is: none of these guys were read Miranda, no evidence was carefully collected and preserved.....how in the hell under our current system will these guys be convicted of ANY wrong doing?

They can't.

They'll have to be released.

The return to combat rate for these guys is something like 70%....only to be killed or captured again in theatre.

Retarded policy.

Sean

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeah, but we need to wait for the Hurricane Season to make the ride memorable. >:D ;D :2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts