XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to hear from anyone with the Short barrel XCR in 5.56 what the longest range is you've been able to reliably keep your shots on paper. I'm not talking about a 3 inch group, just staying on target.

Let me know what type of targets you use and their approximate size along with the longest range you feel you can consistently hit it.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Well, I think I have some pics on here somewhere of groups at 100m. My range doesn't go any further than 100m but I am easily shooting 3" groups out there, more like 2" probably. If the winds were right I am pretty sure I could consistently hit a 9" gong out to 300.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Aziator. That actually answers my main concern as to whether a human size target could be reliably hit out to 300 yds.

Anyone here had first hand experience shooting their SBR XCR out to 300 yds?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was just curious to hear from anyone with the Short barrel XCR in 5.56 what the longest range is you've been able to reliably keep your shots on paper. I'm not talking about a 3 inch group, just staying on target.

Let me know what type of targets you use and their approximate size along with the longest range you feel you can consistently hit it.

Thanks
400 + yds @ 8" steel poppers easy. I use a 1.5x5 Leupold MRT with circle dot custom reticle, 12' heavy barrel and Quicksilver suppressor

·
Registered
350 Posts

Thanks
400 + yds @ 8" steel poppers easy. I use a 1.5x5 Leupold MRT with circle dot custom reticle, 12' heavy barrel and Quicksilver suppressor
I'd say that should be well within the specs, not the higher end either. I have a AAC-M4-2k mod 07 can, The XCR is stupid quite with it and much cleaner than my piston AR.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine will keep them all on a 16 inch steel disk at 350 with an Aimpoint M2 2 MOA and a SCAR SD can, thats about as far as i can see

1 - 6 of 6 Posts