XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Re: 5.56 barrel

I've got a Douglas airgauged that is really nice.

The funny thing is that I "cheaped out" on the Douglas, didn't want to pay for another Kreiger. But between the 'smith working it and the barrel, I lucked out.

I thought the Kreiger was accurate at 1/3 MOA, but the danged Douglas is just as good.... comparing apples to oranges, but it's just as good.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Bought a LaRue Tactical Stealth 18" upper last week. Those guys are AAA-one,called in order 9:30AM Tuesday, they said it would be 4 or 5 days delivery since I live in Texas. UPS showed up next day 4:30PM with the upper! Right out of the box placed 2 shots lower right hand corner of target,both touching each other. Made a scope adjustment, placed 2 shots right under bulleye,1/4" from each other. Made 3rd adjustment, started shooting out 1 inch bullseye, 5 round jagged hole no fliers! Repeated 5 round, jagged hole in bullseye, no fliers, 3 more times before it got dark! So far it is the most accurate firearm I have ever owned.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

What did the LaRue run you? I have heard they shoot great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Got a RRA Predator Pursuit 20" Heave Match barrel upper coming, will be here Tuesday. Ordered it 7 weeks ago, 2 thumbs down for RRA, must have been on a slow boat from China? From what I'm reading I should get some accuracy from this rig. THIS ACCURACY SHIT IS ABOUT TO EAT ME ALIVE, LOOKING AT A NOVESKE 16.1 RECON UPPER NOW!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

What did the smith do to your barrel?
Custom contoured the blank, chambered it, mated it up with everything required, and did all the accurcy work. It was a "here is a stripped upper and lower, along with a baggie of assorted small parts" type thing. He supplied 90% of the stick, and sent back a real winner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts