XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I don't know squat about tactical rifles. Took me and google a while just to figure out what BUIS stands for. Anyhow, I got these MI folding sights with my XCR, and I've gotta say they're pretty. Very high quality. Only problem is that when I put the top of the post on the bullseye at 25yds, I shoot about 5-6in low. Could be worse. You oughta see me shoot handgun. Still, a little closer would be nice. It looks to me like the front MI sight has a spring-loaded gizmo that'll somehow allow me to lower the post. Sounds better than grinding it, though I might have to sooner or later. Finally, here's the question: How do I adjust the MI front sight? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Text book way is to take the tip of a bullet to depress the front sight post detent (technical name) and rotate in the desired direction and repeat as necessary, ensuring it stops with the detent back in a notch on the front sight post. The easiest way is to get a front sight tool for a few bucks.

It sounds like your post is pretty high in the front sight for 25m so it'll be quite a few clicks for ya. Try a round number, 10 should work, and see from there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it. Thanks! It's down 10 clicks. I hope to get to the range next week with enough ammo to hold off the invasion of the body snatchers, and I'll fool with it until it's close.

·
Registered
331 Posts
A safety note here.
Every time you adjust the front site, completely unload the gun.
A bit of excitement and OOPs the thread topic changes to how I survived shooting myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts