XCR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at long last, i finally got to the rifle range to shoot my XCR-L. it was my first (and thus only) rifle purchase, roughly a year ago. a combination of things, nothing really noteworthy, led to such a long delay. coincidentally, a buddy came in town with his AK and we decide to hit the only outdoor range in my area.

i shot about 200 rounds though it. i hate to admit it, but i did suffer several FTE and FTFs in the first couple mags, and i know why. bonehead that i am, i didn't properly lube the rifle first. i had done so weeks earlier when stripping it, but that must not have been good enough or it had been longer than i thought. the spent brass was practically dribbling out of the rifle. once i took a moment to apply some lube to the bolt and carrier that i brought along in my range bag, the XCR worked flawlessly. let that be a lesson to anyone else as dumb as me. just to give some more details, i used Brownell mags, Remington ammo, and i have Troy sights on the rifle. i also checked the bolts, all were still tighter than a duck's ass.

being that this was my first time, i didn't focus too much on bullseye accuracy, just wanted to get a feel for the rifle and at least hit the target at 25+ yards.

i am thoroughly pleased with my purchase, and i can't wait to get back out and finish the 300 round break-in and lower the gas setting. (fwi, i have the old gas setting. my rifle is numbered in the 1500s)

i must take a moment to thank our cyber friend here, VARIABLE BINARY. it was a very informative reply you made to a thread on sig forum well over a year ago which i started by asking a question about ARs, that got me into looking at the XCR. thank you sir! i don't hit the forums on a regular basis, but i pop in from time to time. it's nice to see you have still been fighting the good fight. haha

i think i am going to convince my friend to get an XCR next.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Wow, a year huh. At least is was worth the wait. Hope you get it shoot it more frequently now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts