XCR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had the oppurtunity to use one of these? I played with one mounted to a gun today but wasn't able to shoot it. It was a neat little sight and the one I saw was mounted on a .308 DMR rifle using an offset mount

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=113

It was nice as you had the primary optics on top and if you needed to switch for a closer shot you only had to tilt the rifle about 30 degrees to the left and the Micro was perfectly lined up. I think it would be a nice addition to a spotters rifle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I shot one on a DSA FAL. Its an awesome little sight. Really impressive. Its on my short list if I ever end up with an TPD Aug.

D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to see pics if you can. I just put an aimoint on a AR, may try the Micro though.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK, I need to see pics. I am really thinking about getting one of these. Before I left I dropped off 2 Comp M2's to get coated in Flat Dark Earth but I may sell those and get a micro...I know a few guys that are using the Micro as a backup on thier .308 long range setup. It is a real nice little sight.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I have one on my XCR and it is real nice. I get a perfect check weld.
You mind posting pics. Some people here are really interested in that config.

I tried it but co-witness was impossible so I nixed it and returned to EOtech.

For people that run no BUIS or BUIS folded, its a nice little package

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having them made.

I could not find any sights that are the right height.

With these they will co-witness a Micro and should still work with a 30mm Aimpoint or Tripower without the spacer.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I am having them made.

I could not find any sights that are the right height.

With these they will co-witness a Micro and should still work with a 30mm Aimpoint or Tripower without the spacer.
Keep us updated. I'd like to see the production version

·
Registered
702 Posts
aziator:

I have a Micro T-1 set up like you saw but mine is on my 6.8 SPC. I use the T-1 for any CQB shots out to about 75 yards and the TA31f ACOG takes over from there. I had a Docter Optic on top of the ACOG but when you go to use the Docter you have to shift from a cheek weld to a chin weld. With the DD offset mount and T-1 you just rotate the rifle 5 degrees to use it and can keep the same cheek weld. The T-1 is small, light, built like a brick $hit house and will stay on 25/7 for 5.7 years on just one battery. I like the fact that it is much smaller than my ML3 AimPoint and obstructs less of your field of view. I am left handed so the T-1 sits on the weak side but the DD offset mount will work on the other side. In fact it is called the 1:00 o'clock mount.

MadDog ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts