XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Maybe Alex should stop on by their booth while he's walking around the show?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Pretty much no airsoft stuff is licensed, otherwise it would cost alot more than it does. They get around that by leaving off trademarks. I think they slip between the legal cracks of mimic'ing the "look" without "copying" it..kind of like every car has 4 wheels and doors, but they are all different.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
They can still be held to it by showing obvious design copy but the problem is that all of these guys are off-shore so there isn't much to be done about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Now I used to love paintball when i was young but i just dont get this airsoft thing.

Semunitions is the shit though. Too bad no one can get em.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What kind of stock is on it? Doesn't look bad. I kinda liked the handguard that was the top story on the page, too.

·
Registered
986 Posts
There are some guys in my office that play airsoft. One former USAFR and local SWAT and says this helps with developing muscle memory and tactical doctrine. When I was a kid we use BB guns and welding googles. Man was my Dad pissed when he found out what me and brorther were doing. ::)

i have been toying with the idea of playing. If they are not too expensive I may have to get one...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Redwolf is a Hong Kong company I believe, very unlikely that it's licensed. But, this isn't necessarily a bad thing for RA. Airsofters are constantly looking for the next neato gun to buy, and as long as it works well they will usually flock to it. If that's the case with this than the dialogue on the XCR will greatly increase, the brand recognition factor goes up and the product becomes overall more popular.

I'm an airsofter and that's how I would see it I guess. Dredd is right though, when these games are run right with good people they are a valuable milsim experience.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My mistake, this is a SOCOM gear airsoft gun.... Not familiar with them but checking out their website it seems like they make some nice stuff and they actually are a licensee for Noveske, Daniel Defense and Wilson combat pistols. Could be pretty cool....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guys, this one is licensed, I was doing consulting work for SOCOM GEAR's parent company at the time. I was present when Alex signed the agreement at 2008 Shot Show. Should be a good airsoft gun, the company producing it makes quality products.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
If this thing is proper scale,It might make a descent training aid as a supplement given the availability and price of ammo being what it is and subject to getting worse.Plus you can shoot in your backyard and not piss off the neighbors.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Airsoft is pretty fun when you are playing with the kids. Hell I am a big kid myself, fun to run around the neighborhood fighting house to house and capturing the flag. Hell I still ride my skateboard from time to time and I am in my mid 30's! ;)

Life is very serious you know! Because you shoot real guns that go bang, you have to cease having fun. This means no Airsoft and Video games for all those cool people.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I used to play airsoft pretty regularly at a huge indoor facility here in Fort Smith with a group of friends all in our mid 30's. The guy who owned it was a CS fan, and in addition to a convenience store, a set of offices and an outdoor city mockup they reconstructed the CS hostage rescue warehouse map to a surprising level of detail. Sadly they closed a few years ago.

It's actually quite alot of fun and will work up a good sweat if you're not already in shape. I'd highly recommend giving it a try for anyone looking for a fun hobby or a way to kill some time.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Actually they do have our permission. They even sent us airsoft guns as presents - not XCR ones, but some HK replicas. :)
Good to hear, I will be probably be adding the XCR AEG to my collection then. If the weight and ergo is close enough, it will be a great training tool. Plastic BB's are WAY cheaper than brass! :)...
But they don't make nearly the same bang.. :(

·
Registered
986 Posts
I sent an email earlier today to SOCOM Gear, thier Airsoft XCR will be available in a couple months. As stated they will be at Shot Show 09. Now I am planning on getting into the airsoft game. BTW I was the guy that made fun of others for "PLAYING SOLDIER"... :duh:

·
Registered
704 Posts
We use air soft for training at work and it is very effective. I will be buying an airsoft XCR for use during training since that is what I use for work. With all of my accessories being mounted with QD I'll swap them over for training and it should be about as good as the real thing.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have played Airsoft off and on for the past 14 years, first played around with it back in 94. I can never get the guys I know to buy stuff to play. They all wanted to get Paintball and paint was a fortune. When my kids are older I will probably get them into it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts